Parking brake - pmdg 737

Hello All,

The parking brake on the PMDG is stucked and after several tries to fix I can’t really think of anything else to do (I am well aware of having to use pedals etc. to set).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

JD

If you have not changed the default keyboard commands - with NUM lock off, one way to release (and set) parking break is CTRL and NUM DEL - does this work for you ?

Once released does it turn on again by itself?

I have an occasional issue with the brakes as well that my brakes gets stuck with the rudder pedals, I can resolve it by pushing full down on them and releasing again. Trying also to disconnect the rudder pedals and see if there is still an issue.

To release the PMDG parking brake, you have to do the same that you do in the real aircraft. Hold the toe brake and then release the parking brake.

I have to toe brake map to a key, so I hold that and click the parking brake using the mouse. Works every time as it is supposed to.

PS, this is all in the manual. I suggest you read it, so you don’t encounter any other problems.

To release the parking brake, simply apply the brakes fully. When using the autobrake for a landing, the brakes do not release by themselves, there are two ways to release them, either by applying a higher pressure on the brakes than the one generated by the autobrake or by deactivating the autobrake by turning it off.

Hello!

We’ve moved your topic into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs in the base simulator that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Thank you all but the brakes appears to be stucked. I am well aware that you need to apply full brakes to release the parking brake. The issue is that the parking brake does not release when applying full brake.

Thank you!

JD

You probably have a binding set incorrectly somewhere

1 Like

Please see my question, just above… maybe you tried that already but does it even work with the keyboard?

I some times have this problem to, I noticed that when I use the pushback it sometimes disengages not completely. After engaging and disengaging the pushback the brakes are released.
Just a suggestion.

Have you updated to the latest version ? The Christmas Eve update broke the parking brake binds, but PMDGs latest build has a fix. Prior to the fix, I had to switch my binds to use the rotor brake events instead of the built in parking brake sim events. Lots of threads on this in the PMDG forum.

2 Likes

Do you still have the chalks set? Maybe you can’t release the parking brake if you do.

chocks have nothing to do with the parking brake.

If it doesn’t release I’d rather check and make sure that the brake axes are actually fully applied, maybe set a small null zone to the top extremum. Also make sure that the brakes have hydraulic pressure. Check the failures in the CDU menu. And of course as mentioned use the latest version.

1 Like

Hi there, ive noticed this behavior a lot recently, no amount of combined clicking and poking gets the stupid thing to move.
Im very wary of getting stuck on the runway just after landing as well.

This one could be blown tire or tire fuses due to overheated brakes.

Hi, I spent several hours trying to resolve why my parking brake on the PMDG 737 simply would not stay on, even the keyboard shortcut ctrl+. if I held it for a second or two would apply the brake but then on release of the keys would immediately release it again. I have both Honeycomb Alpha and Beta controllers and also Thrustmaster pendulum rudders so it’s quite a lot of gear to work out what was going wrong and why the parking brake would not set. I looked at all bindings and everything was correct with only my keyboard set as above and nothing else. Tried lots of things mentioned on forum discussions but no help. Eventually after a lot of head scratching I sussed it - on my thrustmaster rudders, both rudders and brakes were set correctly so everything worked fine when steering and stopping the aircraft but by default the full swing of the brake potentiometers wasn’t being fully met and this was caused by the sensitivity settings for extremity dead zone for both brakes set to 10% instead of zero %. This means that the brakes are never quite fully reaching full on (even though they appeared to stop the aircraft fine) so with the brakes not entirely hard on the parking brake could never be set. What I found most odd was that the keyboard control couldn’t work either but it’s fixed and I hope this might help others…

Absolutely correct. Looked at my Virtual Fly pedals and am only getting about 80% full braking. Bound switch on my Honeycomb to BRAKES. Now actuate BRAKE switch and can set parking brake without issue. Cycle it BRAKE switch and PB releases. Voila ! Thanks much for your post.

1 Like

Glad it helped you mate. A lot to work out with a decent setup sometimes.