Patch 1.9.5.0 - Patch Appreciation Thread

I wanted to create a thread that would allow those of us who are welcoming of Patch 1.9.5.0 and have benefitted from it to express that to Asobo. Primarily this is so that they know that their work is having a positive impact for some (many? most?) of us and also to, perhaps, give them a little encouragement to keep going.

I would ask those in the forum who may have a different view and perspective not to express that in this thread, but to use one of the many threads that already exist that will better align with their views.

I’ll get the ball rolling:

As someone who, for whatever reason, has had very few issues with the sim, I’m still positive about the latest patch. It has relatively small content to be sure, but the content that is there does seem to have made material improvments in all of the areas mentioned in the patch notes. The VFR map fix is definitely welcomed, as is the smart cam issue. I especially welcome the seeming change in approach recently in terms of greater openness and also attempting to fix less but do it better.

Finally I would encourage Asobo to continue with their current plans for the sim. Do not be swayed by overly populist opinion on what you should and shouldn’t be doing. You have your own plans for the sim and you should keep those on track and not be overly diverted. Take the time you need to work on this to get it right and don’t rush to quick solutions that will deliver longer term pain.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

11 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)