PAVD - Valdez Pioneer Field - Valdez, AK

Just put together my first airport – PAVD. Hopefully Alaska will get some updates to improve the elevation and imagery, but in the meantime this should make Prince William Sound a little more accessible.

Features:
*Runway and taxiways
*Some artistic license on the apron to allow for a better blending with MFS’s existing autogen
*Localizer included for the LDA approach
*Approach lighting is accurate

Known issues:
*Missing a small stretch of taxi lights due to a bug (but only on one side of the taxiway)
*While the localizer is available, the approaches and departures are not yet built
*AWOS not built
*Pavement markings not done

3 Likes

Been there last year for a heli tour so I’ll definitely check it thanks!

Finally someone made Valdez yes, was really missing this one because they always have the Alaskan stoll competitions there every year. Keen on improving

couple suggestions, Make it so we have snow of the runway and taxiways and aprons, right now there is a magic heater and even while the entire area is full of snow everything stay clean of snow lol

Also a couple more parked aircraft around, use generics if possible so we dont end up with duplicates of our user aircraft you get when using statics but if need then use them

I’ll take a look at these. I know I’ve heard others complain about the lack of snow at custom airports but I don’t think that there’s a good solution available to us through the SDK yet. Documentation is still pretty scarce but I’ll keep my eyes open.