Payware Bell47G By FlyInside Available now

Just a heads up to you fellow simmers of a future product we have planned for MSFS2020 :slight_smile:

We at FlyInside have been busy developing something that we hope is as exciting to you as it is to us: the FlyInside B47G! An authentic recreation of the iconic Bell 47, our model brings eye-pleasing modelling, realistic helicopter flight, and systems to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Keep in mind this is still a work-in-progress, release date coming soon.

The Flight Model: Although MSFS does not currently include a helicopter flight model, FlyInside has had one under development for years (for FlyInside Flight Simulator). Our flight model provides an authentic helicopter flight experience, with realistic collective/cyclic response, ground effect, flap-back, transverse flow, torque/yaw, and auto-rotation capabilities.

For those of you with helicopter flight controls, our 47G has a piston engine simulation, with manual throttle control. For those running a normal joystick, you can also turn on an auto-governer and fly using 4-axis control only.

The great news is that we already have our flight model integrated into MSFS and working nicely. We’ll have some videos up soon so that you can see the flight model in action.

Tony F and Dan C - FlyInside Inc. And Rick M (Flight model)

Purchase here = https://flyinside-helis.com/

55 Likes

NICE! The 47G has always been a favorite of mine! Glad to see it.

1 Like

Great,Pay or Freeware? :+1: :grinning:

Payware quality, I’ll amend the title. :wink:

Tony

Need a M* A* S* H livery. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

and the one on Floats :wink:

5 Likes

Paintkit will be available for talented artists :slight_smile:

Tony

6 Likes

I’ll sort you out a life jacket lol

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this and the bubble cockpit will be great for VR.

5 Likes

It really is amazing in VR :slight_smile:

Tony

6 Likes

I learned to fly in one of these :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Since helicopters are not possible in MSFS yet, how are you hacking the flight model to make it work?

Is this a TRUE helicopter simulation where you are simulating the effect of each of the rotor blades? Are there any “phantom wings” present?

1 Like

I’m not going to go too far into the technical side, but no phantom wings or anything like that. We override MSFS physics entirely to plug in our own flight model. Not sure if you saw the details in the post already:

9 Likes

Looking forward to it.

Definitely looking forward to this!

Looks like the perfect aircraft for observing your favorite scenery!! Hard to beat the view out of that thing!

Definitely can hear Suicide is Painless playing off in the distance just looking that it!

Crud. I’m out, then. LOL

(LMK if you need a beta tester. :slight_smile: )

Dan (and the FlyInside team), if you are reading this: You made me cry back in 2017 when I bought the HTC Vive and tried your FlyInside VR demo in FSX. Take my money and make me cry again with a helicopter in MSFS that has a convincing if not highly accurate flight model. Thank you for everything you guys are doing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m very glad you enjoyed FlyInside FSX! We’re doing everything we can to make this a magical experience with a convincing flight model, and I really hope you enjoy it once it’s out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there an expected price and release date? I understand 99% of the time you can’t predict release time but thought I would ask anyway. Also, I am a airport/heliport developer. If you want any specific heliport made I am happy to help. Example of my work: Manhattan Heliport • Microsoft Flight Simulator