PC-21 Rudder control or lack thereof

PC-21 is a very nice add to the hanger. My biggest issue thus far is the incredibly twitchy rudder during ground ops and takeoff/landing. I’ve attempted to use autorudder assist as recommended in the PC-21 manual but get very little assist. With no wind, a takeoff roll is a challenge. Any wind, and you end up with wild swings plus/minus 30 degrees off centerline. I use differential braking whilst taxiing to maintain yellow line, at runup add power slowly and put a tad right rudder in–this generally keeps things centered until about 75knots then I get some strange swings with neutral rudder/no wind. Also, at times, I will depress full left or right rudder, and I get no response. I know MSFS turboprops (TBM, King Air, etc) are notoriously difficult challenging on takeoff roll but the PC-21 is crazy difficult. I have played with the sensitivities but still can’t dial a setting in. I use CH rudder pedals and they are calibrated/no issues with any other aircraft. If anyone has some settings that work please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Resolved. The rudder axis was doubled programmed into my A320 flight stick. I deleted those and rudder/nose wheel steering work fine. So, if you experience your rudder pedals twitching and unresponsive/or crazy nosewheel behavior on the ground, check for double programmed rudder axis’

Cheers.

2 Likes