PC Crash

Hello Together

My PC is crashing constantly since 30.09.2020 when playing FS2020. It crashes and restarts immediately (without blue screen and error message).
It is interesting that it is only with FS2020.
With CoD mw, Assassins Creed Odyssey and RDR2 it doesn’t happen, although CoD needs more power.
Strange is also that the PC crashes without any noticeable features.
I mean; not for example in big cities or at a certain altitude.
So completely random. It crashes on loading, it crashes in the menu, the game runs for 2 hours and then crashes.

What have I done until now:
-I have done several driver updates
-Windows updates made, currently Windows Verison 1909
(I could not install Windows update 2004 even with the Windows
update assistant)
-FS updates made until and including today 13.10.2020
-temperatures monitored by g-card & processor (nothing special detected)
(the game crashed also by 50 c. Gcard and 60c. processor)
-RAM checked (exchanged with another pair)
-and many other little things like (resolution changed and others)

I slowly despair

My PC:

Windows 10 Pro
Motherboard aorus z270x gaming 5
Graphics card MSI RTX 2080 ti X (no oc)
Processor i7 7700k 4.2 ghz - 4.5 (noc oc)
Corsair power supply 750w
RAM 32gb Corsair 3200mhz (workflow 2133mhz)

could it be the game?

Love greetings
V.K

The game won’t do that, it sounds more like a hardware problem. Maybe power supply or thermals on it. If you couldn’t even install the Win 10 2004 update, that maybe points to a Windows problem.

Key for me here is why you cannot install Windows 2004. It sounds like a corrupted install of Windows.

Your PC seems more than capable. If you’re over-clocked then reset to standard.

Reboot and choose recovery options and re-install Windows, opting to keep your apps; is my suggestion.

I would reseat the CPU. My guess would be that the CPU is getting too hot. You’re sure there are no strange settings in the BIOS?

Reseating the CPU is never necessary - cooling solutions maybe, but re-seating: no! It’s like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I already asked about the clock speeds so let’s wait for the reply.

Thank you
My CPU isn’t over clocked everything works on stock. Maybe i should reset my windows as you wrote before

OK

Re-setting Windows may cure the problem as I said.

However go first to the MicroSoft website and download and install every version of Visual Basic you can find. Reboot, see if that works,

Also before re-setting Windows, you could go into Apps and Settings and right-click on the App and choose the “Repair App” function. If all else fails, your drivers etc are UTD, THEN consider re-setting Windows and updating to 2004.

Good luck and report back!

Unless it’s not seated properly, or that the CPU cooler has somehow been dislodged. But, hey, you go a head and crack those nuts.

1 Like

you could also try the windows file checker tool (FLT):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

check the temperature of your Ram (with your hand) i had this as a problem. only ocured on MSFS and 2 other games but most of the games where working perfect.

you could also use HWINFO and check, if the temps of your RAM Modules is reported there …

So friends… Windows version 2004 is running now.
and guess nothing has changed.

As you said, I checked the RAM for temperature and could not find anything special. I also have a fan right above the RAM.

I have set the benchmark test of RDR2 and AC to MAX. Except for 40-60fps I noticed nothing else.

i have no idea

You didn’t say if you tried this or not:

However go first to the MicroSoft website and download and install every version of Visual Basic you can find. Reboot, see if that works,

… you could go into Apps and Settings and right-click on the App and choose the “Repair App” function

Are you joking? WTH?

1 Like

It’s just experience after years and years of fixing stuff and causes more problems that people think.

And I do of course mean Visual C++. These are all mine, be interesting to see if the OP has these.

I’m getting old, sorry for the confusion.

2020-10-14 16_47_07-Programs and Features

thank you for your answer
i reinstall every singel microsofrt visual c++

It sadly doesent work.
New is: The pc crash now after the menu opens in FS20

i don’t remember that this message came in the beginning when the game worked. Could it be because of this?

for everyone who has to struggle with this problem.
this video has helped me. I don’t know exactly which step was the most important, because I did almost all of them.

watch?v=QBLN3yKgWwY (on YT)

Hi GalenikaAmpulle

I had the same problems as you and tried everything I could find on the forums.
I then downloaded MSI Afterburner which enables adjusting the GPU settings on MSI and other graphics cards. To cut a long story short I moved all the setting sliders to the left (minimum) and found that I now hardly ever get a PC reboot crash. The settings in the game are High End PC !This only works with MSFS 2020 not X-Plane or P3D, these require standard settings. My Graphics card is a RTX2080 Ti.

Hope this works for you