PC keeps restarting while downloading

MODERATOR EDIT:
This topic created from another post

TRANSLATION:
when starting the download, the PC keeps restarting and I don’t know why, and I keep downloading it all over again

pri zacati stahovania sa neustale restartuje pc a neviem preco a stahujem to furt od znova

MODERATOR EDIT:
What are you trying to download?

Čo sa pokúšate stiahnuť?

It might be any of the simulator/world updates. The simulator runs at a high frame rate while downloading and this might well cause overheating, leading to a shutdown.
The answer would be to lock the simulator frame rate to say 20 while downloading any additions.

Môže to byť niektorá z aktualizácií simulátora/sveta. Simulátor beží počas sťahovania pri vysokej snímkovej frekvencii, čo môže spôsobiť prehriatie, čo môže viesť k vypnutiu.
Odpoveďou by bolo uzamknúť snímkovú frekvenciu simulátora na povedzme 20 pri sťahovaní akýchkoľvek doplnkov.

1 Like

yep… and that mean that after the download the same issue can happen if the cause is not fixed.

@kiko7772440
I assume you mean the MSFS installer / download.

You can try to set a fps limit within the nvidia control center. Best would be to set two limits:

• the max fps , not higher than your monitor fps. For test-case may be much lower, e.g. 30. as @AncientDisc6642 mentioned.
  • the max-background-fps , these is the fps if msfs is not in foreground ( e.g. you choose the browser whole msfs downloads somewhat ) . This can again much lower: e.g. 20fps

Also check your GPU temps , eg. easiest way with help of Taskmanager.

If these lowering of fps will help, you need to check your pc-case airflow, increase fan-speed, may be to test-cases with opening pc-case, etc. But be aware, also other components can overheat, e.g. cpu and other reasons like faulty PSU might possible too. To test this, you can run some performance test-tools.

I have the same issue. Have attempted multiple clean installs but during the initial content download my PC reboots. I’ve even tried limiting the game to 20fps safe mode, admin ,all the recommend tips, no difference. It used to work fine on my PC, it’s so frustrating.

I’d suggest starting a search on-line for further help.

What causes my pc to reboot

This will bring up a lot of useful info and guides.

This is not a PC issue. The game worked fine until the last update, since, I cannot run the game at all with multiple installs attempted since the update (it used to run great). Every other PC game that I own works fine, no random reboots or issues. Windows Event logs don’t help confirm the issue either as the resets are random and only occur while downloading the first world update. Alternatively the game just hangs on the update screen unless reinstalled, then same reboot issue. I’ve heard the steam version tends to install better than the MS store version.

This install process is clearly being addressed in MSFS 2024 as it’s one of the selling points of the next game.

So frustrating as I just bought a new flight yoke to play with.