Perfect flights marked as [vicinity] in logbook

Hello all,

My last two flights were absolutely eventless, no heavy weather, landed with ILS, no hard landings, taxiied to the gate, textbook flights. Still then, the logbook entry is showing the [vicinity] remark as if I had crashed the plane. Has anyone come across this? I don’t know if it’s a bug or simply the simulator not understanding what happened. In both flights I was flight the Cessna Citation Longitude in the most updated Steam version of msfs2020.

Thank you

I have had this a couple of times. I think it was because the parking space I was directed to was on the outer edge of the field and the logfile didn’t count it as within the airport boundaries for some reason?

Hmm possibly, the gate assigned to me at MTPP was really on thje edge of the airport and to get there, I had to go in and out of the remote GA parking.

Vicinity can also mean parking anywhere but an airport. I landed on a beach once, and when ending the flight it just listed the nearest airport to that location, with the “vicinity” tag.

Hello,
If you have had this a few times, be sure to vote for the post. Thank you!

1 Like

I, by accident, demonstrated one cause of a “vicinity” log entry the other day. Find any airport with a triangle arrangement of runways, with no way to pass from one to the other as there are no taxiways.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-showing-00-00-time-and-no-takeoffs-and-landings-still-an-issue-in-1-12-13-0/327325/198

I’m having vicinity too

I just landed i have vicinity

Any news on this? Did a perfect fligth as well, landed on the runway as usual etc. Only thing was that I was overriding the IFR conditions (which was totally wrong for the time and weather). Not sure if thats got something to do with it? =/

I’ve had this most often at un-towered fields, even when parked on what looks like a parking spot. My guess is that at the airports this happens at there is something wrong with the perimeter for the airport boundary, and it thinks you have ended the flight outside of that.

The devs need to fix this. I did 8 touch-and-goes the other day at Middleburogh in Kentucky and it did not log any of the landings or takeoffs.

I may have a solution, for the logbook. the logbook is tied to the badge system and it is locked so it can’t be changed. The Devs need to add a selection in the settings area to disconnect the log book from the badge system. if you turn it off you are locked out of the badge system permanently. but if you decide to do that you can edit the logbook yourself. Another point would be if you don’t want to log a flight in the book while it on the network that should be an option. Say you crash inadvertently and just want to get rid of that flight in the system because it was just you fooling around and have a selection to delete the flight in the log book. this will still allow people to earn badges but get rid of the silly flight that didn’t mean anything.

Sorry, are you saying that the devs. have a way to edit the logbook in the sim, ow we do? I’ve never seen an option to disable the badges/logbook relationship.