Performance around Stockholm, Sweden

First of all - Stockholm looks like crap. You need scenery for it. Not sure which secener that best… Thats one thing. But exept for that, the performance around Stockholm is dreadful - and has never been good at all. Not sure whats going on there really.

1 Like

Works and looks fine here and I live here.
What issues are you having??

Same issue here, cant wait for Orbx ESSA and disable asobos “handcrafted” broken variant.Not only Stockholm, every city with handcrafted objects and photogrametry hits the fps really bad.

Didnt know they were about their reelase for ESSA. ORBX Bromma, ESSB, is quite heavy. Not sure if they are gonna release and update for it. Ive got their Sturup addon as well. Lets hope the ESSA version (without any speedbumps) is out soon.

I think that other big cities performs quite well (NOT Paris for me), but it could be cause of server issues as well, but I think Stockholm scenery ALWAYS performs bad.

Issues are stutter, bad framerates etc.

I also see pauses every couple of seconds. Departed Arlanda this morning and it was unpleasant. On the positive side - the snow textures were good with both the TDZs and taxiways part cleared so very usable.

So… SU12 and 2023: Any news? Still got severe stutters over Stockholm. Not sure if its ORBX thats the reason or not. Just feels like the Stockholm are overall is just very much No1 stutter-place on earth?

Still cant figure out my stutters. Good FPS. Its mostly in cockpit. Is it my 3200Mhz 2x8 Gb mem? The game and content as well as rolling cache (is that good?) is on my fast nvme 3500mbs drive.

3060Ti and 5600X, 2560x1440 gsync compatible.

The last stutter I get is when I:
-Nvidia control panel set to standard (not touched)

• No Vsync in game, but Reflex + Boost
  • DLSS-DLAA-version (cant stand the flicker of TAA ort DLSS)

I take any suggestions what might cause this! =)

Out of idle curiousity I’ve headed to Stockholm and am currently circling the city centre in a Piper Arrow. I can report that my performance is perfectly fine with no unusual stutters. For reference I’ve a 5800x 3080ti running Ultra on a 3440x1440 screen. PG is off as is rolling cache. Only air traffic I have is the GA ai mod with 25% traffic, GAIST is also enabled. I don’t have any 3rd party scenery installed in this area.

2 Likes

Then I don’t get what’s the problem with my system. Please help me out. Very variating Performance. Like I have a monster of a computer One day and like I have an old 486 next day. Turning on v-sync doesn’t help or lower graphics. Running on nvme. :pensive:

Any updates on this? I live in Sweden have a RTX4090, I9-13900KF and 32GB RAM. I get amazingly smooth and good performance in every place except in Sweden and Norway. I have done multiple reinstalls of the game tried every setting their is. Even deleted everything on my computer and reinstalled windows.

Doesn’t matter what I do I have steady FPS around 100 with Fenix but still get stutters like I have much lower when flying in especially northern Sweden. It’s so annoying.

1 Like

I’m not sure whats going on, but when making a flight from let’s say Arlanda (ESSA) or Bromma (ESSB) there is a LOT of stutter (as well as lower fps) going on. It’s sometimes really bad. I first though it was because badly optimized Scenario (ESSB) I used, but that was not the case I guess; even with the scenario uninstalled, the performance around Stockholm is plain bad. I just wanna hear with you fellow pilots, If you have noticed the same? If so, what is causing this? Is Stockholm (with surroundings) badly optimized or something? Even LAX is more smooth to me!

I’m having really bad frame drops at ESSA too

1 Like

So…is Asobo aware? Today there was so much stuttering going on. (it has nothing to do with performance of computer etc). It so wierd. From the beginning I thought it was the ORBX ESSB (Bromma) scenery that caused the stutters, but Im not sure any longer.

Hav you got any other thoughts? Not many planes in the air either… (Real live traffic turned off).

i have same kind of performance in Helsinki and finland overall. Bad performance, i can run Paris london and New York etc. without problems.

happy flights

Tero

1 Like

Exactly. How come, you think and is asobo aware?

World Update 15 coming soon. A long awaited upgrade of the quality of terrain and sattelite imagery for us living up here in the north. Hopefully this will fix some issues. A lot has happened regarding quality and performance optimization since World Update 5 did the Nordics, and the latest WU`s are looking very nice so I am optimistic.

1 Like

Yeah! Lets hope we get the biggest cities in Sweden and Norway as photogrametry now, Stockholm, Oslo, Bergen, Gothenburg, Trondheim, Malmö.

Its ok if you do ALL of norway in photogrammetry actually!