Performance degeneration and extreme long loading times probably due to aircraft traffic caching and/or injection

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Note: This might only be reproduceable on mid to low end hardware (see DxDiag.txt for my specs).

Since some time I monitor situations on the sim where loading times from world map into the flight take up to 20 Minutes after completing or aborting some other flight in before. As the flight loaded I usually got 2FPS - If I let the sim just run the FPS slowly increase back up to my locked 33FPS. This randomly happened since ~SU8 but the likeliness increased since SU10 and especially since SU11.

I usually use MSFS default live traffic in combination with AIG but also traffic injected using simconnect, however I focus on live traffic as this is a key feature of the sim. I noticed that the low FPS situation is a thing when I have live traffic with AIG enabled.

Also I found out that whenever the flight loaded with low FPS a workaround to this (instead of waiting) is to open the options and set aircraft traffic to “Off”. Instantly the FPS will jump back to 33. Reenabling live traffic afterwards will still lead to stable FPS during this flight. On the following flight however I can see FPS slowly dropping again.

This will continue on the next one or two flights until I reach the same long loading time + low FPS situation again.

As there were improvements on traffic amount in SU10 (or better said traffic now spawns also on gates and taxiways) I watched this situation which led to the duplicated flights bug I reported here: Live Traffic - duplicated flights on ground

To me it seems that these duplicates lead to such performance issues as somehow traffic seems to always get injected over again at least on ground and also seems to stay in some cache. Maybe the sim even tries to inject cached flights over and over again even if the player is sitting at an entirely different airport after a system reboot. As I use AIGs solution this might fill GPU RAM with liveries not even used as the flights are not active in this region.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2yQJDp6pg

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Precondition: AIG is installed, at best the full pack to create the load needed

1. Load a flight in some area with busy air traffic like SoCal or NY, measure FPS
  2. Fly for half an hour
  3. Abort the flight in mid air, head back to the menu
  4. Start the next flight in some other busy region for the next half an hour, monitor FPS
  5. End the flight
  6. Load another flight for half an hour, again in some busy area, monitor FPS ← if FPS drop continue
  7. End the flight
  8. Whenever the issues start and you end up with 2FPS after the sim finally loaded go to options/traffic and set traffic to “Off”. Apply changes and go back into the flight. Measure FPS
  9. Switch traffic back on to “live online”, continue the flight and monitor FPS

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

DxDiag.txt (108.3 KB)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

~SU8

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Moved to #community-support:world because configuration of reporter is not stock sim/1st party only. Use Bug Reporting only for stock sim issues. Thanks.