Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Still using TELEX to be honest. It has only a minimal impact on the intel graphics and probably explains my superior fps of 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I certainly understand why many players may care a lot about the Garmin, because that’s a central system of modern flying, sure.

But what really matters to me is the quality of the experience of flying in VR, for which great performance is critical… in VR, I’m really not interested in spending 90% of my flight time staring at virtual 2D screens, otherwise I’d be playing without VR.

Anyway, I doubt that the Asobo people working on reverse engineering the Garmin system are the same working on core optimization.

So when does this development update happen today? I want to hear what Asobo has to say about this issue.

I have never encounter a memory leak. I use to run with 32Gb and now on 64GB. The Memory Leak may depend on where you fly.

Maybe those flying the WU3 are affected by it. I haven’t been flying much in that area.

I did an 1:20 flight yesterday from Vero Beach to Miami and back. Di a few circles over Miami.

In Miami the Sim went up to close to 24GB, but as I flew back I saw the memory usage drop and after I landed back in Vero Beach and parked it was down to close to 12GB.

But I do have the bigg stutter problem. I have been running on Middle Global visuals and before SU3, I use to run High-End or Ultra.

Not sure, I I certainly wan to attend. I checked the Community Calendar, and it’s not there. I didn’t see the time on the last one. But I thinl it may be around 1:00PM.

Someone with knowledge please let us know!

I was really happy that on the 16th of March after a week or so of asking that we finally got recognition of the issue https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/issue-performances-issues/379531

It’s now the 26th - nothing.

To the humans in the team 10days of radio silence, what service would you be happy with in your lives that said nothing to you at all?

1 Like

I tried an Azure 64-core with 448GB of RAM and I still had stutters around NewYork.

Fix the ■■■■ game.

I have to agree with you, being left in the dark is so frustrating. Those of us who have low spec machines are being hurt the worst, I wish they could give us the option of reverting back to pre world update 3 until they fix the issue so we can at least get some decent flying in.

Ah, Telex. Back in the day when FPS actually meant “full page…sometime”

1 Like

Some of the assets that seen to load around the now notorious 76T (USA) were updated on 16th February (WU3) so it seems that none of us can be sure what else was impacted by that update.

Central/Eastern Europe still seems reasonably flyable. Rural Hungary, even central Bucharest Romania returns good performance at low level high speed in the MB339 - and looks pretty good too.

2 Likes

Asia is pretty solid as well. Only found a FPS blackhole close to VHHH so far. Also one very close to Brisbane’s city core in Australia. Adelaide is AOK

Wouldn’t it be great is great if Asobo created a map where we could report the problem areas.

2 Likes

That would be a good idea, if and only if they would let us know if that would help them any bit. The first step for them would be to let us know at least if they already know the root cause or if they are still in the dark.

You could easily create a shared Google Map with all the locations. That would actually be quite helpful for the community, so maybe we should get this started!

1 Like

Adelaide to Melbourne is pretty good too. Flown that route a lot for Jack of All Planes.

However there is a spot in Melbourne near the coast that gets a bit spotty. It’s not on the route in from Adelaide, only noticed it when I started hopping the small airfields on the periphery of Melbourne.

1 Like

This!

1 in game map to highlight poor performance areas and another global map to highlight user location. - distance to the game servers and the performance of those servers must have a big impact.

1 Like

That’s an amazing idea!!!

Haven’t hit that one yet, but thanks for the heads up on the location of the bug :slight_smile:

I’ve never created one, but I will look into it. I am web savvy and can easily create a website for it.

I did look quickly and saw My Map from Google, but that only allows 1000 locations, have to find another option that supports more than that.

2 Likes

Still not sure at what time today’s meeting will be, but it should be in Discord, in the Announcements channel. But, I’m still thinking that it may be at 1:00 PM Eastern Time.

Or just go into Discord Microsoft Simulator and look for what channel has all the people.

Then again they can use Twitch. I’ve only attended one and can’t recall if it was Discord or Twitch. I do know they have all the old meetings in Discord.

Hopefully someone can give us the correct information!!

Is there a secret meeting?