Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

I didn’t get the second part of the response regarding lowering settings, probably because I specified exactly what I had already done to try to alleviate the poor FPS. I did get a link to this thread asking me to vote on it (which I’ had already done anyway).

3 Likes

Just for an experiment I set my settings to Low and render to 80 and it was STILL 15 FPS. With my powerful system I should be getting 150 FPS with those settings, though I just want my 30 FPS on Ultra back like it’s been for 7 months

3 Likes

Seems pretty official - most likely nothing to be done until the next sim update (maybe). The lowering your settings is insulting at best (and worthless as that makes no difference). I thought for sure this would be addressed in the next update at worst but now I am not so sure.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s all canned. Same standard response for everybody so that they can bash out a load of meaningless replies with the least effort. What i’m surprised at is that you even got a reply given the level of communication skills they have been exhibiting for some time.

2 Likes

yeah… my sim is only playable with photogrammetry turned off, to give it some fps.

ILS approach on ORLY (LFPO) or CDG (LFPG) is just impossible for me.
Massive fps drops and my gpu is only use at only 3-4% , just unplayable.
Very disapointed.
And still not a solution from Asobo :frowning:

3 Likes

For those who want to give a try, here is the exact location of the infamous 76T issue.
You can copy/paste it in the Search field on the Map.
You’ll spawn right into it and get terrible FPS:

33.270694, -97.426139

3 Likes

Just curious? I have an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU (3080). Are the AMD CPUs users having the same issues? Just wondering?

Yes, this is an issue with the game itself.

1 Like

This is just stupid nuts. I get 2 FPS. Almost impossible to exit back to menu.

7 Likes

Downgrading the graphic setting won’t change a thing with this bug. I’m not sure asobo is fully understand what is happening here.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I have an AMD processor and an AMD card.

1 Like

Could it be the lights or some other airport detail?

Draw On Terrain unticked

Draw On Terrain ticked

Those wanting to test remember to untick before loading a flight.

Totally reproducible here too. It took me a solid 2 minutes or so to be able to get back to the main menu. Crazy.

Interestingly enough, CPU usage didn’t shoot up like in the areas I usually fly and there’s stuttering. I’m suspecting more and more that Asobo introduced 2 different issues that manifest in a similar way. That’s way worse.

The suttering I have seen (before going to those coordinates) was less severe and pegged one CPU core at 100%.

3 Likes

Yes i have the issues too

the game is broken

i have a RX 6900XT and a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32gb RAM

1 Like

I have had some pretty severe performance issues since the last update (Never before), but this evening smooth as silk, even in VR on a G2. Nothing as far as I can tell has changed on my PC. Same drivers etc etc.

I9-9900K, 3090FE, 32Gb, SSD, 70Mb net connection.

Odd!

1 Like

Try these coordinates and report back

Will be curious to see whether they are two separate underlying issues, or the same core issue manifesting in two ways (hoping it’s the latter).

1 Like

I just went to these coordinates which were posted above: 33.270694, -97.426139

Sweet honey bbq! That’s the worst I’ve experienced yet. 1 or 2 FPS. Had to close the sim via Task Manager as I couldn’t even load the menu.

CPU: Intel i7 7700 4C8T
GFX: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170 G1 Gaming
DRIVES: 128GB Intenso SSD (OS), 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Sim drive).

2 Likes