Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

That’s not the case at all, there are theese areas all around the world, I’m doing with some friends 3 different world tours and in every flight in different points of the globe, I get this issue for a few minutes in almost every flight, at least 4 out of 5, it’s very widespread, I’m not chasing the issue, on the contrary I’d like to avoid it like the plage until the hotfix, but it keeps finding me

3 Likes

Yes, having the same problem in the same area. Goes from good frames down to <20FPS- right at the Georgetown reservoir- unfortunately this is on the approach path so it’s somewhat critical haha! I found this issue at YSSY as well.

Under the news section they do make mention of acknowledging this issue and that they are currently working on it. Hopefully a fix comes out ASAP.

Can anyone link me to some official word from Asobo on this? I can’t find anything with Asobo’s response, plan, or even acknowledging the issue. Any link to something official would be appreciated.

1 Like

Would it be too much to ask that we get at least 1 daily update from devs. Such as,

we have further identified the issue
we are working on issue and are 50% complete
we will or will not be issuing a hot fix.
we estimate hot fix release to be…
we still have not completely identified the problem

or any thing. just a daily update even if it is a simple one liner

4 Likes

Go to the “Community” subforum. Asobo’s official response is there.

2 Likes

Thank you, i’m horrible at navigating these forums lol

They’re not the easiest to navigate, agreed.

Here you go: [Issue] Performances issues

2 Likes

Found another funny place, not as extreme as 76T, but still : airport MHLM (La Mesa Intl).

Fly over the runway, the southern half of the runway is perfectly fluid, the northern half of the runway kills my framerate by half. Zero reason in terms of scenery / buildings.

Folks, is this an issue from SU3? Randomly, my memory usage goes down like crazy (from 16gb to 5gb) out of my 32gb (I had like 60% available in my) and with it my FPS (from 50 to 20), I was using the CRJ but I couldn’t tell if is the CRJ issue or the sim issue

1 Like

Sim issue, no one knows what it is but it’s def not the CRJ

1 Like

Wow, is it also the memory goes down like this? Sorry because I didn’t see it before lol

This is exactly the kind of end-user behavior that will (hopefully) get the developer to create a fix. Cancel your Navigraph account, stop buying flight sim store aircraft, scenery, addons etc. Money ALWAYS talks.

13 Likes

Same issue departing out of YBAF north to the tv towers silky smooth the frames drop and stuttering

It does but unfortunately the money Navigraph is losing isn’t a problem for Microsoft-Asobo

I probably wasn’t going to buy the CRJ on the marketplace either

This is my take on the current situation, there are so many threads on performance issues, and or CTD (I have suffered), But still managing to fly…people are very quick to criticise…its like at home watching my family watching a football match they shout and complain that they didnt pass the ball (I am not a football fan), yet they sre sitting on sofa drinking beer, thinking they can do bettet…There is an issue however, the problems are so diverse and confusing. Some people are are having just dips in FPS others CTD…and it seems to me everyone is a bloody expert…yet but no solution…I read the threads I need a PHD in computers, let alone in flying lesdons. If you think you can do a better job than devs…then why you not doing it :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:…just my humble opinion

I see your point but it’s not our job,we are the customer

4 Likes

Your analogy is so wrong on so many levels

For one, I didn’t pay $60 to $120 to see that match. The sim should have been released with all show stopping bugs squashed (I can understand a few minor issues but this? Oh no, definitely not this!), not in this state and much less creating new major issues in the process. We all want to fly and enjoy the scenery/physics, not help Asobo in troubleshooting the issues they have created.

This is a work-in-progress, beta-at-best piece of software that we all naively paid full price for.

12 Likes

Absolutely I agree, there are some places I cant fly, but people rant on about their rig, as its untouchable, well tough Asobo didnt ask them to buy the rig specifically for MSFS 2020. I Have an high end spec but not specifically for MSFS…dont get me me wrong there are massive issues and people cant fly, which is terrible and I feel for them…but just ranting does not help, contructive critiscm…and people that compare this to other flight sims, just carry on and enjoy those sims

The two primary airports I fly out of are affected by this bug. One of the airports, the bug has made the game unplayable. Now I can venture off and fly around different places and can go all day and only experience some very minor symptoms of the bug. But if I go back to my home airports it is bad. I don’t mind the dev team saying they are working on it or even saying they don’t have a fix yet. What does bug me is when they have a live Q&A and when the subject comes up they say they laugh and say they have the solution but they are waiting to see if enough people are having the problem to have hotfix it, then 3 days later have a small update, not fix it. That really bugged a lot of people.

1 Like

Well actually English people pay £4000 pounds for a season ticket to a team.

Also edit might I add this will not be the first software released without issues…I always pay top for othet games…such as Activision…Ubisoft games…which they have released with no support what so ever.

Where I have payed £90 where there is a beggining middle end…finished Played the game…get where I am going so £120 for this is a bargain TBH