PHNL - Daniel K Inouye International Airport (Honolulu, Hawai'i)

A number of months ago I asked Northern Sky Studios (creator of all the other good Hawaii airports out there) if they’d consider HNL since FSDT is sitting on it, and they were open to the idea. They advised if they choose to pursue it, it would take a year+ to complete (notwithstanding that they are a Ukranian dev near the front lines). Not sure if they have since decided to start development, but I hope they did to give FSDT some competition.

It would be a bit of a risk from their point of view unfortunately, FSFT could potentially release it at any point during their development.

From a customer point of view it would be great, as they do great airports!

If you’re sick of waiting for a payware PHNL and World Update Hawaii I would suggest that you check out my texture pack for PHNL (and the other Hawaii airports):

If you install this plus LimaJuliet and FreakyD’s scenery, it’s actually pretty nice. Even has B2 bombers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really hope that Asobo manages to get photogrammetry of Oahu (and Maui… and the other islands :slight_smile: ) into next week’s update. With the combo of LimaJuliet and FreakyD’s PHNL add-ons and photogrammetry that doesn’t destroy the airport, it’s going to amazing to fly around the islands!

2 Likes

Yes! Plus, we get a new PHKO out of it too. Can’t wait to explore the islands with 1m DEM.