PHNL - Daniel K Inouye International Airport (Honolulu, Hawai'i)

I remember someone saying a while back that FS Dream Team were working on a PHNL (hopefully with the new Terminal A!). Does anybody know anything about it?

…I’m that C208 on US West always flying around the Islands. :wink:

Take a look at the following…unfortunately delayed.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=24148.0

Awww, man! That makes me have a sad. I guess 8L is going to have that weird “not straight” runway edge for a while. Dang.

We’ve got folks like Northern Sky Studio and Southern Oak making other Hawai’i airports which is good - would love to see a proper PHNL at some point.

1 Like

love flying in hawaii :slight_smile:

1 Like

I live here and I love flying here! :slight_smile: Unfortunately, a lot of my flying time is at night.

I want to start learning the SDK so I can work on a few airports. It’s gonna take time though!

2 Likes

awesome, me and my wife went to kauai for our honeymoon a few months ago. We absolutely loved it and will be back.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Warning, I’m coming to visit. :joy:

1 Like

It’s not perfect by any means, but after living here 30 years there’s nowhere else I want to be!

Unfortunately the default MSFS stuff for Hawaii is …we’ll be nice and say there’s lots of room for improvement. With some addons though it looks nice!

1 Like

I’d love to see a Honolulu airport right now I have Kahului but unfortunately if I want to be realistic I can’t really do international flights because none take off or land at Kahului from what I’ve seen. (And I refuse to use that terrible default Honolulu.)

LOL The default Honolulu is… well, at least there are runways. :smiley:

I was told a long time ago (last year some time?) that FS Dream Team is working on Honolulu, but I don’t know what the current status of that is. We certainly need our largest airport out here represented!

If it’s FSDT I don’t want it. I refuse to support them anymore because of their main guy there.

3 Likes

I hear ya. Some developers really seem to rub the community the wrong way.

I’d be happy to see something for PHNL. It’s a decent sized airport with the attached Hickam AFB (now JBPHH), and the default has much room for improvement!

I just don’t care for all their bloatware updaters and installers(COUATL) any longer…
The FSX products really put a bad taste in my mouth…

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about FSDT’s PHNL project? I looked and saw a post about it from 2021, but it doesn’t appear that they have updated anything since then.

I know I’m not the only one interested in this one!

Your not alone :slight_smile:
Hoping they redo PHKO and PHLI for msfs also!
I haven’t looked through their forum in awhile, maybe there’s some info there.
FS Dreamteam

FreakyD has released a nice update to the freeware PHNL add-on. It’s not a substitute for good payware, but it’s worlds better than the default (or the post-nuclear, Euro-aircraft filled version included with the otherwise excellent SteveLi photogrammetry), especially in conjunction with FSLTL or AIG. (AIG’s better for Hawaii because it has the interisland commuter airlines and Hawaiian 717s.)

I’ve excised some folders from within SteveLi’s photogrammery to get rid of most of the work done on the airports, because the detail around Oahu is otherwise so nice to have. I renamed the folder on FreakyD’s PHNL to zzzz_phnl to make it load above the photogrammetry, but alas, there are still clashes. I sent a polite request to SteveLi asking if he’d consider doing a version of the photogrammetry that just excludes the airport areas…

1 Like

Thank you kind sir! I wasn’t aware of that one. Now to see if I can get that and SteveLi’s stuff to play nicely.

You kinda sorta mostly can. SteveLi’s going to have to agree to do a version that excludes the airports to really make things work perfectly, alas.

Where’s MegaScenery Hawaii when you need it?

Or…

6 Likes

Nostalgia just hit me hard with that cover art!:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

An official mini World Update Hawaii would be nice, wouldn’t it?

3 Likes