Phoenix SW USA Photogrammetry missing

Sim Update 5 Beta (1.7.16.0)

I’m in the SU5b17.
Regards

Thank you for the bug report.

We have created an internal ticket to see if our team already has this logged, and if not they will attempt to reproduce the issue and create a new bug report. This item is now marked as feedback-logged. If there is an existing bug report or one is created, we will move this thread to bug-logged.

This issue has now been updated from feedback-logged to bug-logged.

Thanks as always for your reports to help us identify this bug!

3 Likes

Phoenix is still broken for me in MSFS 2024.

For the last 2–3 weeks, downtown Phoenix has been loading as generic autogen instead of proper photogrammetry. Landmarks and the real skyline are not being depicted correctly. This is very noticeable when flying out of KPHX and over downtown.

Other photogrammetry cities like Los Angeles and New York are working normally for me, so this does not appear to be a general streaming problem on my end.

My settings:
Photogrammetry ON
Bandwidth Unlimited

This looks like a Phoenix-specific regression again. Please investigate.

I can confirm this on pc msfs2024

Phoenix Photogrammatry is missing,
In beta SU5
I Tested this with photogrammatry on and buildings on which show generic buildings and no photogrammatry buildings at all

And also tested with photogrammatry on and buildings off which gave me
complete flat map texture
Nowhere in the area tin to find for me.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your reports. As noted last week, this issue has been bug-logged, meaning the Development Team have confirmed this is a bug after successful reproductions.

While we cannot provide an estimated timeline for this to be resolved, the team are aware that the Photogrammetry in the area of Phoenix is not showing correctly.

Thanks
The MSFS Team

3 Likes

I’m on SU4 and there are no Photogrammetry.

Generic buildings downtown and uptown. State Farm Stadium and Chase Field missing.

Phoenix has been a mess for sometime.

I’m using Ironsim Phoenix landmarks mod. Downtown and uptown buildings along with Chase Field now look correct, However, no State Farm Stadium.

I noticed this recently and thought something was off. Thanks for submitting this @meh1951 Very noticeable for the locals here.

Photogrammetry data for PHX area is still not back :frowning:

How is this now with SU5?

I’m not seeing any different

Is there a schedule for when the Photogrammetry regression will be fixed in Phoenix?

tia

Unfortunately, this problem was discovered in the SU5 Beta, and carried into the latest release 1.7.27.0 . And this is why guys are disillusioned with 2024, and decide to remain there on 2020. Do we have to wait for Sim Update 6 release, in December, to actually see a fix. This is really bad. And I have tried to stay positive that things are improving. We get shiny new toys in the Build, and disasters like this are allowed to slip through. Why do we even bother with Beta Testing?

Really hard to measure the effectiveness of su5 since the photogrammetry scenery went away during the SU5 betas.

All I can see is what’s missing! There has been no mention of this in the official channels so we don’t have a clue when or if it will be fixed.

Moderators, is Asobo even aware this is an issue?

I don’t know about anyone else but this one seemingly small issue is about the best example of why I’m losing faith in MS/Asobo that they even care about creating a good sim.

How is it possible to fix an issue like a missing city only to ‘accidentally’ unfix it and then not have any idea how or when it will be fixed again? On top of that there is next to no communication about it.

If you took your car to a mechanic who repeatedly had to fix the exact same thing, you would find another mechanic. and you would not recommend that mechanic to anyone.

Agreed! The same goes for Niagara Falls, two devs have their fixes, both pay-ware. Should be a simple enough fix.

Hi, could we get official confirmation from the team that this can be fixed in next SU? Or even 5.1 beta?

I find it unfair that this is a second time in a year that the photogrammetry has disappeared after a SU update for PHX area.

Surely this is a simple fix.

Thank you for your consideration.