Photogrammetry issues, any solutions?

Okay so as I was flying near the strip in Las Vegas I was in total shock how the photogrammetry on the strip looked! Looked as if a 6 year old painted it with a paint brush. Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot to post it on here BUT I did do the “workaround” Asobo stated you do. I deleted the cache, went back to Las Vegas with the same results still. Anyone else has that problem?

Photogrammetry starts looking terrible (melting obelisks everywhere) if you are more than 1 nm away from it. It’s an LOD issue and the best thing you can do is upvote the other thread to which they responded with that cache suggestion. As long as we don’t shut up about it, they will be forced to look into it.

The other possibility is that you were flying lower than 500ft or so, because when you get really close to the buildings, the illusion falls apart, but this is kind of expected with photogrammetry and this will likely not improve for a long time unless the underlying photogrammetry data improves.

2 Likes

Okay so I’m glad to hear that the problem is not on my end. I was around FL25 flying around the strip and notice that. I tried a different area and the same issue. So basically there’s no way we can fix that on our end?

There is one thing you can do - modify your config file directly to increase LOD much beyond 200 (which is the limit in graphics settings in game). Have a look at this thread: