Physical Modules Where Non-Existent in Plane

I fly an Arrow IRL, and while the JustFlight arrow in the sim is quite good, the avionics are a mismatch. Most notably the antiquated Autopilot in the sim.

My question is this: if I built a physical cockpit and purchase a GFC500 autopilot module from RealSimGear, will it control the airplane?

From their product’s website:

• Compatible with X-Plane 11 or 12 (Windows only NO Mac support) (requires the RealSimGear G500 software)
  • Works with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS) as a generic touchscreen device, no G500 specific functionality, but can be used to control the G3X or G3000 screens in MSFS.

This will depend on a lot of things though, but if I can give you a tip, it is to review a product’s support page to see if they address your specific plane and manufacturer. In man yof their products they have scripts which you just dump in the plane’s folder, but this is not always the case.
Since a lot of the RSG stuff is Arduinos and such, sometimes you can program them yourself and map those functions to an application such as MobiFlight, which helps you read the specific variables from the simulator and change them. Hope that helps.

1 Like

The Autopilot buttons on the realsimgear most likely just work as buttons to interface with the autopilot for the plane flown, in this case, the default MSFS autopilot, unfortunately.