Pico 4 with Microsoft Store Version of MSFS

MS store or Steam does not matter for VR support.

Try this:

1 Like

MSFS MICROSOFT STORE VERSION DOES WORK ON PICO4

Solution for future people… run Virtual Desktop in Pico 4 headset… start Steam VR as usual within this… now go back to desktop view by double clicking the Menu icon on left controller… now run MSFS from wherever it is on desktop… it will start as normal desktop app there… now when in plane cockpit… use option in MSFS to go into VR mode (keyboard shortcut in options) and you should now see double view on desktop… you now go back to the Virtual Desktop menu (by clicking somewhere below desktop view in VR using right controller and choosing the right side menu icon) and in that menu click the “Go into VR” button… then you should be in plane in full VR mode on Pico 4.

1 Like

Hi. I need help. I tried these steps with Pico4. but when I do the last step and go to virtual mode in the pico 4 VD (after showing the two screens on the desktop) it goes into a black screen. I don’t see anything. Any advice really appreciated. My computer is a 13900K i9 with 128GB Ram and 4090 NVIDIA GPU.

Don’t do it from MS main menu… wait until you actually start a flight - ie in a plane - then put MSFS into VR mode and go into Steam VR mode in Virtual Desktop. Think main menus would be just black screen in VR.

1 Like

Ok. Going to try this and report back.

Thank so much. I just did the first VR flight. oMg!!! ■■■■!!! I used to be a flight instructor years back. This is amazing! The only thing missing is the motion on the body. I flew the 172. I tried the Barron black square but it crashed. Did not work. Going to try again since that’s one of my favorite aircraft. The procedure you guys put here to follow has to be done precisely for the PICo 4 to work.

3 Likes

Great, happy you got it working!

Interesting thread…I watched a video that said you need to open steam VR from within the virtual desktop; Is it possible to run MSFS through just the virtual desktop without Steam VR? I have the MS Store version

No, SteamVR is required for MSFS through the Pico 4.

Can anyone help? I did like geogan1 said, but I can’t get MSFS into VR mode with my PICO 4. I have it running in virtual desktop on the usual cinema flat screen. When I press CRTL + TAB nothing happens. steamVR is running ofc.
When I go to the MSFS Options, The VR related tabs are even missing.
Forum wont let me post a screenshot. But there are no VR settings in my options.

In VD see if you have the option “Switch to VR” active and click that

Does VR work for other apps? I had the same issue only affecting MSFS. A clean reinstall of SteamVR fixed it for me.