Pilatus PC-24 has wrong takeoff, stall, approach and landing speeds (sources provided)

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Pilatus PC-24’s takeoff, stall, approach and landing speeds are too high which completely negate its design capability to operate in and out of short unpaved airfields.

I am sorry in advance if my terminology is not accurate as I am not a trained pilot. But I have deemed it necessary to provide some figures to demonstrate how far off the performance of this plane in MSFS24, during take off and landing, is in comparison with the published data. It would be nice if PC-24 pilots could provide us with real world numbers. But I do not have access to those. So here it goes:

- Stall (Vso)
Published Data: Pilatus states that stall speed with maximum landing weight, ISA at Sea Level is 83 KIAS
MSFS24: Go below 110 KIAS with any weight and the plane will stall with any flap settings.
Discrepancy: 27 KIAS
Source: Pilatus PC-24 – Technical Specifications | Pilatus Aircraft Ltd -

- Landing (Vref)
Published Data: Vref (threshold crossing speed) with maximum landing weight, ISA at Sea Level is 102 KIAS
MSFS24: 130 KIAS is as low as you can go when crossing the Threshold for a stable landing.
Discrepancy: 28 KIAS
Source: Pilatus PC-24: Class Standout - AOPA

-Takeoff (V1, Vr, V2)
Published Data: V1 (takeoff decision speed) 96 KIAS, VR (rotation) 96 KIAS, V2 (takeoff safety speed) 106 KIAS
MSFS24: V1 and VR are both around 120-125 KIAS. A stable takeoff without wobbling around comes around 130 KIAS
Discrepancy: ~25 KIAS
Source: Pilatus PC-24: Class Standout - AOPA

As a result the plane is very difficult to take off or land and almost inoperable in short airfields. It is possible to do a stall take off at around 115 KIAS with maximum load, but in order to take off and have positive rate of clime it needs to be above 125 KIAS which is far above the indicated numbers by published by Pilatus (96 KIAS). During landing, it either stalls and hard lands or you have to carry so much speed that the plane floats above the runway forever since you have to be 25-30 KIAS above Vref not to stall the plane.

We are not expecting a highly detailed simulation of engine or flight dynamics, but that the performance roughly matches the published numbers, so the plane can be used in its intended role and does not fall out of the sky at 110 KIAS.

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Every time

REPRODUCTION STEPS

Please list clear steps you took in order to help our test team reproduce the same issue:

  1. Spawn a PC-24 at any airfield

  2. take off and then land and measure the take off, stall and Landing Speed.

YOUR SETTINGS

What peripherals are you using, if relevant: Irrelevant in this case

[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it? No

There are a few comments here - [MSFS2024] Pilatus PC-24

I believe this is a Carenado airplane, I don’t think MS/Asobo are able to fix it. They would have to get Carenado to do so, and personally I don’t think they will as there is no money in fixing it.

We have purchased it as a part of Premium Delux pack from Microsoft/Asobo. Who they subcontracted in the first place to design it is their business.
We cannot open a support ticket with Carenado for this plane because it is a Microsoft/Asobo product and they are responsible for its functioning and maintenance.
There are no legally binding transaction, like a purchase, between users and Crenado to request a complaint or a refund.
Therefore, it is the exclusive responsibility of Microsoft/Asobo to maintain this module.
They may decide to do it themselves, subcontract Carenado or a third party. That is their decision. But it is up to them to fix any issues.

I agree but it’s also been 2 years, at this point I don’t think they’re going to do anything towards fixing it. I purchased the aviator edition, $199.00 usd. I’m upset as the PC24 is basically the reason I bought 2024. I get the vibe that MS/Asobo contracted Carenado, Carenado fulfilled their obligation, but refuse to update/fix it as it’s technically functional even if not realistic. Asobo might not have the means to fix it when the core Sim has needed so much work to get stable (even though I had a random CTD last night) and Carenado won’t un-encrypt the files to be fixed by a 3rd party

Carenado has fixed a couple of issues with the PC-12 and PC-24 already. Unfortunately not these glaring flight model issues with the PC-24.

PC-12 is in a good state and the lack of beta/reverse is covered by Balu’s mod on flightsim.to.
I hope PC-24 can get to the same state as PC-12.

I wonder if this can be fixed by the mod because I’m pretty sure Carenado won’t fix it :thinking:

which mod?

There is none for PC-24. I think he was suggesting/hoping for a mod.