Pilatus PC-6

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the Pilatus PC-6, which has been recently updated in Aircraft and Avionics Update 3.

If you experience any potential bugs with this aircraft, please report them in our Bug Reporting Hub using the pilatus-pc-6-porter tag.

2 Likes

Why did they decide to update this one when there is the Milvitz/Blackbird version? How are they different?

I was hoping there would be an AAU for 208B, G36, A5 and DA62!

5 Likes

Yes the Grand Caravan would have been preferred.

2 Likes

Completely different vendors. They can only update 1st party products, not other peoples.

3 Likes

Yes I’m aware. My point is there was already an decent PC Porter in the sim, so they could have chosen another aircraft that needed better representation to update such as the Grand Caravan or King Air.

6 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean.

1 Like

AFAIK all those are being improved for the 2024, not sure if they will port back the improvements for the 2020.

Also, I think the Pilatus is from a 3rd party (I think Hans made it) like the A320 and the A310. So I’m not sure those improvements were made in-house.

1 Like

Well hope the changes are what’s in 2024 and not having to astart over with cookie cutter look a likes

I haven’t flown it yet. But I am loaded into it. Here’s what I see so far.
1 they finally after 3 years fixed the mapping of the condition lever.
2 breakers are now clickable
3 the garmin looks updated, I guess that’s the main feature in an AAU
4 The Doors DO Not Open!

2 Likes

In the content manager was no Pilatus PC-6 for an update. Only the two Airbus. :thinking:

So should the default airplanes, which are a persons first experience, be neglected? come on…

There is a reason for the inibuilds a320neo, these avionics updates, etc

The two Airbus updates were for the Enhancement addons that were available when they were first released.

You may not have it installed, so it wouldn’t download an update for it.

I have the PC-6 installed… :slightly_smiling_face: But I think it was an update for this aircraft.

1 Like

No PC 6 update?

did you have updates for 3 aircraft in the content manager?
I only had two
and there was none for PC-6.

2 Likes

Several glaring bugs were not fixed.

The transponder is inoperable in the GNS versions of started C&D.

The warning indicators for starter, ignition, fuel booster pump, generator, etc. are still non-op.

The ADF breaker is miswired to the Transponder breaker.

I gave up after that.

One of those bugs had been written up by me approaching two years ago and the others quite a while ago.

I don’t understand. How could these be missed both via a bug report and/or when testing your work after doing bug fixes?

9 Likes

I had all three.

I tried updatedmspc-6 and run to BBpc-6 instantly… That’s why I’m going standard 2024, Im afraid it is going to be like this in the future. Not worth to invest in PD planes, they cut corners everywhere. :thinking: