Pilot/Co-Pilot/Instructor Avatars No Longer Previewed (SU7/GOTY)

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

In the MISC Menu under General Options, selecting or changing Pilot, Co-Pilot or Instructor Avatars no longer shows a preview of the appearance of the selected Avatar.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Please see enclosed.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to MISC Menu under General Options, Select or Change your Pilot, Co-Pilot or Instructor Avatar. Note that the menu no longer shows a preview of the appearance of the selected Avatar…

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.21.13.0 (SU7/GOTY)

My GOTY on Xbox series x doesn’t display avatar pilots pictures either…… plus the F-18 doesn’t appear to have a Navy pilot and after burners don’t glow.

Same issue here. Pick one and go back to the airplane and see who you got. Still waiting for a blonde, Nordic gal. :grinning:

2 Likes

Same here. Can’t see avatar. Would like to choose the FA-18 pilot… :frowning:

Same issue here after the GOTY update.
Windows PC

Use “Default” to get helmeted FA-18 pilot supposedly. I haven’t tried it myself.

Yes I tried it but doesn’t work. I selected about 10-14 avatar randomly but could not find the one and abandoned of testing all pilots.

There is a “Default” pilot - followed by 1, 2, etc.

It works:

Yes, this is how it was usualy. Being unable to see the avatar, I can’t see which is the fighter pilot. Could you say what number is it ?
I already tried default, and the few firsts, then some other randomly.
Thanks!

Same thing happened for me. However, after setting it “Default,” then quitting and restarting the sim, spawning into the F-18 showed the correct pilot avatar.

1 Like

It works! Thanks!

1 Like

Avatar previews not appearing, clean install, no mods. Reported to Zendesk and my file status was instantly “solved” and closed to further discussion.

Obviously issue not resolved, but that sort of response speaks volume.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/135515

1 Like

Same for me, the previews for pilot avatars are no long visible in options.

1 Like

Seeing the same issue on my end.

1 Like

Same, Vanilla FS2020, No devmode, avatar preview is missing in setttings > misc

1 Like

Also the HUD in outer view is disappearted :grimacing:

Pilot avatars have disappeared for me as well in the main menu, now have to guess what my co-pilot is going to look like. Why on earth has this been changed?

It didnt, your settings probably got reset, they moved the HUD settings in assistance options > user experience

I`ve found it but nothing happened, neither in cockpit view nor in outside view .

I`m also badly missing the avatars. How can removed these ugly shining pants and headsets
on the existing avatars?