Pilot Operating Handbooks

Hi all,

Thanks for a great product.
I purchased the boxed version Premium delux XXL. :wink:
I am disappointed in the manuals that come with these excellent aircraft.
In order to take full advantage of these at least there should be a PDF collection or link to POH for each aircraft.
For now I am studying the Bonanza and this became immensly more interesting with the POH at hand.

Here are the POH collected so far:

Until these are officially collected: may I suggest a pinned topic with a collection of the ones everyone finds.

Feel free to add additional to the thread and I will update this first post developing the list.

BR

Stephen Odgaard
Copenhagen DK

2 Likes

???missing

Yeah - the system does not allow linksā€¦ :frowning:
Now I inserted a screen capture.

Now I earned the basic level and can post links :slight_smile:
updated aboveā€¦

Added Garmin G1000

Added Daher TBM 930

In my previous MSFS editions they either came with an aircraft performance guide (landing speed, rotate speed, etc.) and instruction manuals for navigation etc. or there was one to download for all the aircraft and features in the game/sim.

Will that eventually become available for MSFS 2020? I always kept it handy and used it frequently.

The sim is great, Iā€™ve not looked back once. Still learning and a lot of fun for an old guy that sold my motor cycle and one of my cars to finish flight school and obtain a private rating in late '70s. Then quit flying due to cost. Didnā€™t have the Glass Garmin back then so all the extra help I can find is useful in learning all I can.

Retired now and flying this way is certainly more efficient LOL.

Thanks Microsoft for all the challenges this Sim offers.
V/R
Jim Myers (Canyonboss1)

Donā€™t know, but would be nice to have.

In the mean time, you can normally find the actual POM (Pilots Operating Manual) for most airplanes in PDF form from google (youā€™ll just have to deal with the inop. switches in the base aircraft, but thatā€™s par for the course).

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been asking for a manual for some time now. Some people might say, just Google the information. I personally feel a manual to support this sim would be a further way to polish the product and provide the necessary support for people who want a reliable reference to what they are looking for in one place. Again, I state that the media version comes with a manual. It may have been produced by the people that distributed the media version but surely the PDF version could be offered to the rest of us.

3 Likes

The problem at the moment is that the planes in the game donā€™t actually match the real world performance numbers. Thatā€™s why there are so many mods to try to fix various problems. The turbines for example burn more fuel at higher altitude which is totally incorrect. MSFS including a manual at this stage would be wasted effort. Iā€™d much rather see them spend their efforts on fixing in game plane performance issues. I can source manuals but I canā€™t fix their bugs.

There is enough in using all the functionality in the sim correctly, to justify a manual.

I want manuals specific to SIM as well. Zendesk this request months ago. FSX had extensive help tutorial, which contained much needed information on planes and systems. Nothing in this one, was that to facilitate the YouTube Channels in partnership with MSFS so they can make money? I want manuals I can at least read on PC, being able to print some of the data would be nice as well. FWIW-AF and USN Pilots have something equivalent to old NATOPS Manuals (Naval Aviation Training Operations and Procedures Manual-XX AC TYPE HERE). The naval aviators I worked with when in USN, had to be knowledgeable on the manual and had written testing and flight testing on those procedures. Asobo/MS - You say this will be real world qualified sim, pilot check ride worthy, then you had better put manuals into it, otherwise it is nothing more than a game. Plus real world pilots have quarterly at least or semi-annually check rides and ground school/simulator qualifications they MUST complete and PASS. This sim wonā€™t be ā€œcertified for thatā€ unless there are manuals contained within this product. I wonā€™t mention that all the bugs will have to be fixed.

Hopefully these will help some people.

Beechcraft G58

Beechcraft B350 King Air

Cessna 172S - Classic

Cessna 172S - G1000

And lastly, not the exact MSFS model, but may be of interest to anyone who wants to make a Turbo mod.
Cirrus SR22T

3 Likes

Finally found the full Flight Manual for the Cessna 208B Caravan EX.

Also avaliable is the Flight Manual Supplement for the TKS Ice Protection System, in case anyone is interested.

2 Likes

This is very helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Donā€™t know if is 100% the correct one for this sim Dr400 but found this. http://www.mfg-birrfeld.ch/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/HBKED_Robin_DR400_180_POH_Scan_20181025.pdf

1 Like