Pilot Plus research: Complex passenger animations

Hi all,

Bristol Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is undergoing final testing before release!

If you haven’t seen it yet, here is a link to the announcement: Facebook Post

While in testing, the team has taken time to explore the feasibility of complex scenery animations in the simulator. Here is a fun video demonstrating our initial research so far!

We look to introduce complex passenger and vehicle animations in future products when possible.

Of course dancing passengers are not in the final product, this is purely a fun video to show what we have been researching!

14 Likes

Get the guys out on the apron doing this in your next release :joy:

1 Like

Like this… :rofl:

2 Likes

Love it! Incredibly unique for a promo video but really does show what this sim can do! New Bristol looks stunning too

1 Like

That must be how the marshal lost his right hand light saber flashlight thingy. :wink:

Say if you have 100 of these, how much a performance impact it would cause?

I want my whole sim filled with them

Maybe you can consider an addon called “global AI human” LOL and add moving people to this world

What are truly missing add-ons adding people to airports, planes (passengers) from the internal/external view, people getting into aircraft, etc. I would really pay to have passengers in all default aircraft when adding weight to respective seats.

The Dancing Passenger add-on pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator :rofl: it does show though that things like animated passenger embarkation/disembarkation could already be possible in MSFS as an animation!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing !

Flashing disco lighting is such a crazy idea, too…

Don’t wanna spoil the fun but may I ask if you did this video after SU 5 ?

With modern PCs and Xbox there really shouldn’t be any substantial performance hit for having animated people if made the right way with LODs etc.

My local airport. Bring it on!

1 Like

Thanks for the comments guys! (Only just been given access to reply so apolgoies for the late response!)

We plan to continue development research to ensure performance impact is limited for these types of animated characters. There can be complexity when applying LOD to an animated object and smooth transitions are a must!

Either way, we are excited to see what we can do in this area to make our airports more alive and immersive for you all!

3 Likes