Pimax anomaly ( SU11)

Of course the issue is still present, I have done a Zendesk report on it and upvoted the issue as well.

Now that you made this matter; in this thread, the Pimax Anamoly (11) I was the first and only one to mention that TAA was the issue and that if you switch to Nvidia DLSS and choose quality, performance or ultra performance, the flickering goes away.

Further findings after my first comment:
Runtime needs to be PimaxXR.
You also have to be very specific in Pitool Client, device settings: smart smoothing on and compulsive smooth set to 1/2. Do not use other functions. Parallell projection off, fixed foveated rendering off, hidden area mask off. MSFS VR reprojection off.

The settings I’ve activated in Pitool client, MSFS specific settings, I’m at 75hz, native, FOV large, render quality 1, Smart smoothing on, compulsive smoothing 1/2. If you go to compulsive smooth1/3, flickers start again. What is not on this list of Pitool functions is turned off. (backlight and contrast is of course active)

MSFS VR graphics are maxed out with these settings with no flickers.as I have a 4090 OC. The FPS is locked to 37,5FPS in all scenarios.

Hope this helps.

1 Like