Pink textures after simupdate 12

any fixes to this pinky texture ?

everything is up to date

Topic moved into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

2 Likes

I just checked my build and I’m seeing the textures as normal - do you have any mods installed?

nope, ive just install it on my new computer no mods installed

Try deleting your fs-base folder and the fs-base-aircraft-common folder which are located in the Official- One Store folder.
This will force the sim to redownload these folders, and that has worked for a few folks.

1 Like

ok let me try

1 Like

didn’t work :((((((((

1 Like

OK here is a link that should find the folder with the issue.
Follow the advice in this:

3 Likes

worked thank you so much !!!

3 Likes

Hi @thesevenflyer. Do you know if there is any advice from Asobo (or elsewhere) regarding the problem with missing/pink textures specifically for users on Xbox (that don’t have access to a developer mode)?

Recently I am experiencing this error with the majority of flights that I start. Each time, after flying for a little while, I notice that I’m flying past airfields with some pink textures or, in some instances, entire default MSFS airfields that are made up of pink textures. In addition, this error is also occurring with 3rd party add-ons, where some of the ground textures are pink when I arrive at the airfield. It really does detract from the experience (especially when I’m looking forward to the landing phase after a longer flight).

Any advice available with regard to this bug would be really appreciated.
Many thanks.

It’s a bit harder to do on an Xbox!
These pink textures are caused by missing/defective texture files.
Third party products often are the cause.
I would start by removing your addons, and seeing if the issue still exists in the base sim, as the textures in addons overwrite those in the base sim.
If it does, it will be trial and error by adding them back one at a time to determine which addon or addons are causing the issue.
Often, a redownload of the affected addon will solve the issue.

If the issue is in the base sim, it would be worth a try to reinstall the sim.

Yep reinstall takes a lot of time but it solves the problem

1 Like