Pink textures fix for modded 787, Caravan, TBM and Xcub liveries

Hi all, I thought this could help someone. Some of the old modded liveries appear partially pink after SU5 was released. The modded liveries I used on the Caravan and TBM all had pink windows when you zoomed out far enough away from the aircraft. This fixed it.

Note:
The 787 modded liveries I used had problems ranging from pink(missing texture) wings to wheels etc. It did not have problems with window textures but this may fix it if you should have the problem.

Caravan Liveries: Edit texture.cfg file inside (Mod Folder Name)/SimObjects/Airplanes/(Folder name)/Texture.(Name)/texture.cfg so it resembles below:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=…......\texture\DetailMap
fallback.2=…......\texture\Glass
fallback.3=…......\texture\Livery
fallback.4=…......\texture
fallback.5=…..\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX\texture
fallback.6=…......\texture\AS1000
fallback.7=…......\texture\Gauges
fallback.8=…......\texture\AS700
fallback.9=…......\texture\AS140
fallback.10=…......\texture\Extinguisher
fallback.11=…......\texture\Lights
fallback.12=…......\texture\Planes_Generic

TBM Liveries: Edit texture.cfg file inside (Mod Folder Name)/SimObjects/Airplanes/(Folder name)/Texture.(Name)/texture.cfg so it resembles below:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=…..\Asobo_TBM930\texture
fallback.2=…......\texture\detailMap
fallback.3=…......\texture\Glass
fallback.4=…......\texture\Planes_Generic

The 787 is a bit tricky. You have to edit the texture.cfg and the model.cfg and then you have to regenerate the layout.json file (search google for msfs json generator, the first link, HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator, should be the github page where you can download the generator).

[Place MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe somewhere on your pc but not inside the mod you are trying to regenerate].

So first the texture.cfg:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=…..\Asobo_B787_10\texture
fallback.2=…......\texture\DetailMap
fallback.4=…......\texture\Interiors
fallback.5=…......\texture\Extinguisher
fallback.6=…\texture

Then the model.cfg:

[model.options]
withExterior_showInterior=true
withExterior_showInterior_hideFirstLod=true
withInterior_forceFirstLod=true
withInterior_showExterior=true

[models]
exterior=…/…/Asobo_B787_10/model/B787.xml
interior=…/…/Asobo_B787_10/model/B787_10_interior.XML

Lastly regenerate the mod’s layout.json file by dragging and dropping it over the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe

If it worked you will notice the layout.json file you are trying to regenerate, Date modified time/date changes.

This is not a guarantee it will work but it should fix some of the 787 mod liveries. Norwegian is a problem child.

And you are done.

I hope this helps anybody struggling.

Regards.

Edit: For the Xcub you edit the .cfg to:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=…......\texture
fallback.2=…......\texture\AS3X
fallback.4=…......\texture\DetailMap
fallback.5=…......\texture\AS307
fallback.6=…......\texture\Lights
fallback.7=…......\texture\Gauges
fallback.8=…......\texture\Planes_Generic
fallback.9=…..\Asobo_XCub\texture

For the TBM, Caravan and Xcub liveries all I did was change the .cfg file and then winzip asks you if you want to update the directory and you click yes and then close the zip folder. I don’t know if that then updates the .json folder or not but I did NOT need to regenrate the .json on those 3 aircraft.

thanks, but for the TBM it doesn’t work… :slightly_frowning_face:

in my case, I have the professional Edition DVD…

Like I said in my post this is not a guarantee it will work it might. In my case it works.

These two 787 skins have minor texture issues with the cockpit fire extinguisher, but I refuse to fly without them. There is a texture fix for them, https://flightsim.to/file/18430/787-su5-update-cockpit-fix

If you copy and paste the contents I posted for the .cfg file for the 787, the extinguisher should be fine.

1 Like

Im looking at your post again now, did you regenerate your TBM’s json files after you edited the .cfg’s?

no, I only changed the cfg file. I try it out, perhaps this is working…
Thank you for your help!!
and it seems we like the same repaint :wink:

Keep me posted :yum:

Hello, how do you regenerate the .json? I made my own livery for the caravan and its still pink after editing the CFG

Read my post. Its by the 787 part.

Didn’t quite work for me either

Did you have a problem with pink windows or was the whole aircraft like in the pictures pink?

Had a pink cabin texture appear when viewing the C208 from the exterior views on a 3rd party repaint that was installed prior to SU5. I was able to fix it by downloading a recently released SU5 comptabole livery for the C208 from flightsim.to from another aircraft, and copying the contents of the texture.CFG to the original aircraft livery texture.CFG:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\..\..\texture\Livery
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\texture\AS1000
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\texture\Gauges
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\texture\AS700
fallback.5=..\..\..\..\texture
fallback.6=..\..\..\..\texture\AS140
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\texture\Extinguisher
fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture\Lights
fallback.9=..\..\..\..\texture\Glass
fallback.10=..\..\..\..\texture\DetailMap
fallback.11=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic
fallback.12=..\..\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX\Texture

Happy days then. Glad you got yours sorted

1 Like

I took this from the default livery and pasted it into my texture.cfg. Everything works for me now.

[fltsim]

fallback.1=…\texture\detailMap
fallback.2=…\texture\Glass
fallback.3=…\texture
fallback.4=…\texture\Planes_Generic
fallback.5=…\Asobo_TBM930\texture

I found that if I just add the line (fallback.11=…\texture\Planes_Generic) to the texture.CFG file, the interior texture doesn’t fall back to pink. I’ve changed dozens of paint jobs for the TBM, Cessna 208B, Cessna Longitude. All work now just by adding that line.

Well I got similar problem (these Pink squares) on the wings of some of my Liveries that I got form https://flightsim.to Specially on the Philippine airlines Dreamliner and as well on an Icelandair B765
Strange that the developer hadn’t fixed these issues , by now

Which ones are you battling with?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.