Plane falling out of the sky in the training VFR Navigation Solo Flight

MODERATOR EDIT: This topic created from another post. See https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/plane-falling-out-of-the-sky-in-the-training-vfr-navigation-solo-flight/592622/3 for issue.

My name is Neil. I have a couple problems with MS sim which I would like some advice but don’t know where to start. Can someone please help?

2 Likes

Hello and welcome!

Feel free to DM me with your issues, to keep this on topic. I Can then help further :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I have two sims on my PC A10 Warthog dcs world and ms sim. I have a problem in the MS sim with my plane just falling out of the sky in the training VFR Navigation Solo Flight Flagstaff airport to Munds Park golf course to Sedona and also the bush trips, everything else is fine. In the training I get to the 8500 pass over the center of the airport and head to Munds park about 75 to 80 2300 rpm and after a couple on minutes the plane just does a nose dive. I made it once to the golf course headed for sedona about 30 seconds in it just did a nose dive.Hope you can help regards Neil

2 Likes

Hi @WorkBubble20522

Welcome to the forums! If you need any support, you can search on the forum as there may already be a solution to your issue :slight_smile: if not, feel free to create a new topic as the community here may know :slight_smile:

But if you need assistance with anything (forum wise, game support, etc) please don’t hesitate to ask :smiley:

Happy flying!

1 Like

Hi HamMan2118.

I have no idea what to do here LOL. I have read some posts about planes falling from sky but they all seem to be when game is paused and returning. Regards Neil

My first thoughts were, 2300 RPM at 8500’ is pretty low. Are you at full throttle with the engine mixture leaned appropriately? At some point, if you haven’t leaned the mixture, the engine will shutdown due to the mixture being too rich, and the airspeed will drop off rapidly and result in an aerodynamic stall, and down you go.
Regards

Hi Habu2u2,
Thanks for your input, that sounds like it may be the problem now I can try a few things. I was under the impression with the basic training the mixture would have been controlled automatically as I have not covered that previously in training.
Regards Neil

I think there is a setting in the assists for auto mixture, you can check that.

thanks it is set and I have tried setting it manually after watching utube video but still falls its so frustrating lol

Hi Habu2u2,

I tried different things but nothing works still falls from sky. The auto assist for mixture is on. It is frustrating not being able to complete the last training on VFR. It is the same in the bush flights after about 10 minutes in the flight same thing happens just dives. I make sure revs and speed are in the green but nothing works.
Regards Neil

2 Likes

Are you switching fuel tanks?
The VFR Training is the 152, I think?
You need to manualy switch tanks. Normal is to do this every 30 min or so to keep the fuel weight balanced.

2 Likes

Couple thoughts?

• icing? Carb heat?
  • fuel on “both”? I trained and flew on “both” setting , but POH has a caution to not use both setting above 5000 ft.

Hi all
I just swapped joy sticks from my x56 to an older thrustmaster logitech I think that’s what it is, any way I made the journey to sedona but crashed on landing as it was very hard to control LOL. This suggests to me that there is something wrong with my x56 settings ??? I have my control settings at default. Thanks all for the suggestions now I have to try and fix my good joy stick.

Regards Neil

4 Likes