Plane Wreck Discovered

I did see a buried plane on one of the approaches in the Yosemite bush trip.

That isn’t the one, but that is exactly what I saw, a plane shaped building.

I have also found two. But I do not care and I have fun finding them.

1 Like

Anyone remember that photo of a cruise missile in flight? I wonder if that is in the sim?

I hadn’t looked at this since, but at least one user has reported this may have been an MD-80, and not an actual missile. Still, I wonder if Bing still has that?

I found one here, half merged in a building, can’t remember the location…

A small one in Paris :

1 Like

There is one embedded in the trees about 5 miles due east of Wellsville, NY airport (KELZ).

Anyone visited KDMA, and the aircraft graveyard there? I plan to take a look when I get home, as that should be interesting.

The Windows 10 Maps app seems to be showing some weird photogrammetry there, with melted planes:

32.166586, -110.86492

Another interesting ‘plane shaped building’ to be found in the sim is the Boeing 727 located in a forest west of Portland, Oregon. (Another example that it is not always the imagery that is wrong!)

You discovered some nice wrecks but it will be hard to beat this one in sheer size

2 Likes

I think it was around 44.674, -85.787. East and a wee bit South of Lake Ann in Northern MI. I believe if you fly out of 4M0 and head due east you’ll spot it within a few minutes.

With the first post I thought we were going to find MH370 …

This is one of the quirks with using satellite images to generate the terrain. I was flying around Port Vila in Vanuatu (co-ordinates I used to drop in were 17.7308755,168.3137011) and because there was low-flying cloud cover on Bing’s satellite images in this area, there are white blotches on the ground where the clouds were in the pictures.

Found one as well near Port O’Connor, Texas, the other night cruising along the shore :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figured there had to be a bunch of them. I did get a kick out of the airplane shaped buildings posted above. Wonder what other oddities are out there.

If this was still 1982 we might see a nuclear test turned into a building.

Love how it looks like that planes breaking the sound barrier.