Planes rise and fall throughout flight

Every plane, stock or mod, keeps rising and falling in cruise the whole flight…its only from external view…weather is off and alt hold and VS is holding steady in the cockpit…but from external view the planes are bobbing up and down the whole flight…its extremely annoying.

Aircraft are constantly moving around in flight. You have the aircraft and the drone, separate vehicles, so the effect you see is likely relative motion. This will also happen with the outside camera.

IMHO, this is completely normal. However, others may chime in.

3 Likes

Is there a way to get a steady view from outside?

I always attributed it to the normal air buffetting effect and not unnatural.

If you open the camera settings from the top menu and go to the showcase tab, the fixed views at the bottom will remain fixed relative to the aircraft. Being fixed, that does mean it doesn’t allow any camera movement to look around either.

1 Like

There has to be a way to get into a config somewhere and adjust the drone relative motion…its extremely annoying to be given the illusion that your plane is not holding level flight even though it really is.

Just freeze action by using SET PAUSE ON, that will perfectly freeze the aircraft and you can maneuver the drone however you like until you get your preferred framing and distance.

1 Like

Then I sacrifice seeing new things as they come and I extend trip time…I cant be the only one who values having the plane represent what its really doing in flight while im outside enjoying the spectacular scenery!

So yes, the drone camera is is unaffected by the wind whereas the aircraft is, so you get relative motion between the two. It’s very apparent if you try to use the drone to look at cabin interiors during flight.

The best thing would be if you were able lock the relative position between drone and a target subject, but this would be a new feature so a wishlist item needs to be opened.

1 Like

I saw this posted in another thread, but it may apply here as a workaround. I haven’t had the time to try it yet, though.

Some planes do it more than others…The PMDG jets stay solid, where the Flysimware Chancellor is all over the place…no its not the wind…all planes are really holding 0fpm.

Im thinking that its in the plane cfg somewhere?

But i still dont know what this effect adds to the simulation…its extremely annoying and makes it seem like a toy instead of a professional simulator.