Planes Spin on Tarmac

Yes I’m seeing this too - at more than one airport - but more often after parking. Nearby AI start their engines then pivot in circles on one spot. Sometimes they’re on their wheels but I’ve seen the “break dancing” pivoting on the wingtip too.

This bug HAS to be sucking valuable CPU/GPU cycles for wasted animation & immersion so I hope it’s one that gets fixed.

4 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I noticed that some AI aircraft (when they are waiting in line) are making slow 360 spins. I’ve seen several aircraft doing it at different airports. It’s like when they are waiting they start spinning slowly.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’ve noticed the aircraft spinning on their wheels. Haven’t seen the ‘breakdancing’ aeroplanes though. It seems to happen for me only when AI traffic gets told to hold short of the runway or stops for another reason. I’ve seen a queue of airliners all slowly rotating on the spot. Very strange

@MD530FF A warm welcome to the forums.

I can confirm that I see this occasionally. I have tracked down two scenarios where these “spinning” aircraft can be seen.

1. As mentioned above, aircraft which are taxiing and instructed to “hold position” by ATC will sometimes spin on the spot. Also aircraft waiting at a hold point before the runway can also be seen to spin, while they are waiting for takeoff.

2. Occasionally if an AI aircraft (including live traffic) is seen to be spinning on the spot and eventually disappears, then this can be down to the airport coding for the airport taxiway network. This behaviour can always be seen at the same location on the airport if it is a coding issue and the aircraft will always disappear after a few minutes. It’s probable cause is something to do with how the taxiway network is connected to the active runway and may also include taxiway points that are too close together and/or a coding issue with the required hold short nodes required before a runway.

Of those two scenarios, I can understand how the second one could happen. I’ve only noticed the bug at default airports although this might be coincidence.

I’ve only ever seen spinning planes at parking spots; these spin in at least yaw and pitch directions. (Been a few weeks since I saw one though.)

Like this:

Seeing tons of weird behaviour at the minute. Planes spinning, stood on their nose, tilted. I have no traffic mods. Is this common?

Yeah, i get this somewhere on the airfield every time i load in. That and engine noise from aircraft that are parked nearby, even if they are actually shut down.

The big airliners must be too fat to break dance like the little planes. They only cut cookies.

1 Like

I see this a lot with AI airliner traffic that are told to hold for other traffic. They just spin in-place until they get the go ahead to continue taxi.

Verdade tendo toda vez

Yep, it seems AI aircraft are now incapable of standing still so spin round 360-degrees on their wheels.

As I type, this “A380” pictured in front of my Ryanair jet is mid-spin while holding to get on to the departing runway at Keflavik, while waiting for a landing aircraft to clear the runway.

This spinning seems to have been happening an awful lot in recent weeks.

(By the time I’d finished writing this, it straightened itself out before heading on to the runway and taking off.)

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No Developer mod

Brief description of the issue:

AI planes seat set as they line up for take-off at the runway.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2022 AI :slight_smile: - YouTube

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

I have the aftermarket KSAN airport downloaded and it looks beautiful, but i’m having an issue where the AI planes taxi the the end or runway 27 for departure then slew in a circle VERY SLOWLY before either taxiing onto the runway, or just disappearing…what the fluff is that?

yes

360 spinning airliners on taxiway waiting for departure (or arrival traffic)

this bug has been around for a long time and i can’t imagine why it hasn’t been fixed for a long time?
so vote this thread up!

its also very annoying with aerosoft simple traffic!

just encountered this bug for the first time today. loaded up a flight in Alaska at a default airport and heard a strange noise. flew my camera a few hundred feet down the tarmac and saw a little plane just spinning and spinning upside down.

cool, Asobo

3 Likes

This has been happening more often than not. This happens,

• After Pushback
  • When ATC asks the aircraft to hold the position
  • When ATC asks the aircraft to hold short.

i do have the same issue with small prop AI traffic as well. occurs on every airport i have been and usually affects at least one plane at each airport. But it has been like this since the beta tests.

1 Like

Yes

360 spinning airliners/GA on taxiway waiting for departure (or arrival traffic)