Planes Spin on Tarmac

This was weird.

I landed at DFW and was taxiing by controller’s direction right between busy terminals.

They told me to hold for an aircraft that had just backed up. After a couple minutes it vanished. Past it, in my path were two more that had backed out. They both started 360 degree spins (perhaps 2-3 RPM). The spinning continued for over five minutes. One eventually vanished and the ATC told me to continue to taxi (right into the remaining plane) but my plane was frozen onto the ground. Full throttle, prop spinning at max, brakes off and I could not budge.

Anybody else?

5 Likes

Never seen anything like this. Was this staged by 2 of your friends ?

No players, they are generated by MSFS. :man_shrugging:

Back in October, I saw one of the ground crew having a ride on one… :joy:

Regards
Steve

4 Likes

Yep, have seen this, though only once, I think it was at LOWS. It was before SU7, mind you.

Although a quick search didn’t return much I imagine this must be tracked elsewhere, as it must be a common issue. I’m seeing it fairly regularly with AI aircraft, which are spinning endlessly either at the ramp or in taxiway crosspoints.

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic.

I am using Windows 11 and the Steam Edition.

This is with AIG BETA

I just purchased FSDT KCLT, I noticed while taxing in to the gates from 36C that AI would depart the gates for 36C but where taxiway Mike and Echo intersect the AI stop and do slow circles and do not progress to the end of the runway. They hold up other aircraft as well. The AI that is violating is the AAL 737.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Has nothing to do with AIG, it’s a MSFS bug, they have to fix it

3 Likes

At airports with traffic, lots of airplanes tend to turn and/or make circles on taxiways. Just suddenly, but especially waiting for takeoff

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Deluxe Store DVD

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Lots of aircraft in line for takoff, but lots of them suddenly turn or make circles.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

No steps, just waiting in line for takeoff

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LAPTOP-SBRC514K
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 81Y4
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_81Y4_BU_idea_FM_IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO EGCN34WW, 18-05-2021
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 1.34
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
BaseBoard Product LNVNB161216
BaseBoard Version SDK0R32862 WIN
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Netherlands
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = 10.0.22000.1
User Name LAPTOP-SBRC514K\pwalr
Time Zone W. Europe Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16,0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15,9 GB
Available Physical Memory 8,19 GB
Total Virtual Memory 28,9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 18,8 GB
Page File Space 13,0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection On
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU7, nothing new in the community folder

hello simmers!

Anyone saw the thing with the spinning planes on ground - my latest was today @ KOLM - on server North Europe - 15 minutes ago!

A little vid from it!

maybe Asobo will fix this - i first saw it after SU6 i think…

But over all - thx for this nice SIM!

CU in the air…

1 Like

LOL!!!

1 Like

Can confirm this phenomenon. ATC told me to hold and caution other traffic as I was finishing a pushback sequence (with just the keyboard command). I looked around for “traffic” and saw these break dancers so I assumed this was a bit out of the ordinary.

2 Likes

Sometimes they are upide down and sometimes just on their wheels going around in endless circles.

Saw two airplanes once in the parking space. One was upside down, the other right side up, both just locked in a figure 8 with each other.

I’ve also seen cars/trucks flip over and crash on the tarmac, then the airport workers that repeatedly walk through your prop like there is no care in the world.

Would be funny Easter egg if they dodged the prop…

For the past two days I’ve had small prop planes spinning on the tarmac. They are spinning on a wing tip with one rotation about every second. I was at KSLC thins morning and saw one spinning and yesterday I was at KFWA and had two small prop planes spinning in sync. Funny to watch but at the same time it was disappointing.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that a number of times over the last few months too. Nothing I can think of specially in common between times it’s happened versus not.

Same condition here - at KTVL in Longitude, start-up completed, just installed today the FDE Fix v1.90, already had WTG3000 installed. Changed traffic to AI from Live - no change. Interested in what we will find is the cause ! ?

On the very rare occasion I ever see another plane, it decides to sit on the taxi way and swivel on it!!

LOL

1 Like

Donuts are cool but break dancing is cooler

2 Likes

The passengers have around trip ticket.

2 Likes