Plausible idea that probably everyone would want. (Be an ATC mod)

Hello everyone! I didn’t know where else to say this but I just thought of an idea, basically it’s mod in the app FS2020, where it makes the camera go to the ATC tower, and basically make AI traffic that follows commands and basically be a mock up ATC, and whatever you say like “EXMPL1234 keep speed below 180 kts, and turn left HDG XX” or something along those lines. Basically the AI traffic does whatever you say, I think you get the point. The nice thing is that it could work on any airport theoretically! I am horrible at modding, but it was just a suggestion for nay bored skilled modders since it’s something I would LOVE to have personally. Oh and I shouldn’t forget it will only work in OFFLINE mode to not disturb other pilots. Also I might have put this in the wrong category.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like VATSIM?

VATSIM is online, and you need to be good at atc, this is offline and more casual. Possibly for people who don’t have the months of time available to be approved, and the long time needed each session as an atc in vatsim.

2 Likes

FSX had exactly this but you had to do it in a forum with multiplayer, it was really good but Asobo haven’t spoken about doing this which is a real shame
I know we have vatsim but this was more casual that’s all depending on what gamespy forum you visited, it can be serious and it’s a good introduction to vatsim but others may disagree

Nothing like Vatsim. He wants offline casual ATC.

1 Like

Yes indeed, my point was the ATC in FSX was online via gamespy, I believe there are lots of people not using vatsim but FS open to do ATC sessions in FSX via teamspeak

Showing my age now :rofl:

Anyway you’re right the OP was talking about offline ATC

2 Likes

Would be great to have that feature back although!:+1:

2 Likes