Player nameplates - where did the aircraft type identifier go?

Dear community,

I am aware that if another player is using an aircraft that I do not have installed myself then I won’t see the corresponding aircraft identifier under the player’s name (nameplate) in multiplayer.

However since the recent upgrade to 1.15.7.0 I don’t see any aircraft identifiers - and I doubt that everyone is using 3rd party aircrafts.

So is there a new setting that I’ve missed? And also, can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

Yes, still no aircraft identifier and Altitude is displayed after the sim update.

This seems to be (might be) related to another issue experienced in “community fly-in events” (multiplayer), related to custom liveries (that others do not have installed). Apparently you only see the other player’s aircraft type if he or she sits in the same aircraft like you.

Since the last update, only the player names are visible. Instead, the other players disappear completely from the sky at times.

… again, unless the other player is using the exact same aircraft like you. Then you do see the other player’s aircraft type. I’ve experienced this first hand in a community fly-in yesterday, where most people had an X-Cub.

This is of course a regression.

But as mentioned there is yet another fundamental problem specifically in the situation when the other player has the same aircraft, but a custom livery that you do not have: the a “periodic stuttering” happens (for every other player that sits in the same aircraft type and does not have that livery installed).

It is unclear whether it is just related to custom liveries and whether the “culprit” (the person with the custom livery) is also experiencing the same stutterfest. Only Asobo can investigate this thoroughly…

I am always grateful for this information (type, altitude) so that I am not in the way of other players in the air. :smiley:
Hopefully they fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.