Please Add an option to Toggle the White Dot while using Controller

And then you get rid of the white point or ???

No. You just toggle it off everytime it appears. It appears all the time, so it is good to assign it to an easy to reach button. :smiley:

On top of the white dot in the middle, the mouse cursor resets its position when you want to click on something, immediately after releasing the input from the controller. Why they did this is beyond me.

1 Like

This still a big problem and it’s a massive mouse cursor in external views. I really don’t get why this wasnt fixed in the last update.

I found the “toggle cursor” binding, and it solves most of my problems. When I move the mouse I get the mouse cursor and then as soon as I move L stick on the controller the dot comes back. I use the toggle cursor binding to remove it. As long as I don’t use the mouse, all is good. I can free look with the R stick all I want and no dot.

1 Like

An official update on the matter;

2 Likes

Fantastic news :smile:

1 Like

I hope it’s not just fixed “for PC users”. I’m on Xbox, using a controller…but also with a mouse+keyboard and I hate seeing the dot. It’s simply not needed in my case.

2 Likes

They “fixed” it

Funny, was there ever a feature request to add this white dot on PC?

1 Like

The most annoying „feature“ since „press any key …“

And they way it was „fixed“, Wow!

1 Like

@OlieTsubasa443 I see that the original bug report is closed so I would like to mention this here. Since Sim Update 5, I’m getting the white dot even when panning with the mouse, especially after panning two or three times quickly in a row.

I do not use an Xbox controller to pan, and I don’t have one plugged in my system either. Unlike other reports, in cockpit view the dot stutters from its centre position, while in external view it moves all over the screen with mouse movement.

Is this intended behaviour?

As someone one of you said was this dot a request to introduce it in the sim?.. No…
Is there a functional reason for it to exist in the pc version? No…
Why the still keep it? … Who knows?
I don’t think that we will get enough votes so we are bound with this ‘’ beautiful dot"…a wonderful feature…

I presume that when using an Xbox controller to fly and look around, it is essentially a crosshair to help point at instruments and knobs. But it has no place when using a mouse, especially in external view.

Apparently this was fixed for VR, but not for 2D. I’m not really sure why the bug report was closed.

But you can’t do anything with it in the pc version… It is just there in the middle, just to distract you…

I mean those who use the Xbox controller on PC. In the bug report thread Olie said that the dot is intended to be visible only to those using a controller to pan the camera.

Thats exactly what I mean too. I could perfectly pan the camera without it. I don’t need a dot to show me where to look at and I have the mouse to select

1 Like

Here is the answer from MS Zendesk:

This issue has been fixed with the release of SU6.

When using an Xbox controller to control the camera, a white dot will be displayed. It works as designed.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

It’s times like this that I lose all hope.

If mouse connected, don’t show the dot. Simple as that.

Well that is not a fix for me. That annoying white dot still there.

And yes even tho i am a PC user, i use Xbox controller to control the camera since it is easier and better than mouse. i am speechless…

2 Likes

White dot is still there in SU7. Please for the heaven’s sake, remove it or at least give us the option to turn it off for those of us who use LEGACY navigation in cockpit mode. It’s super annoying to see this dot while flying. It totally ruins the immersion.

3 Likes