Please add pre-order trailer music an option for menu music and/or allow us to set our own custom music

Hi. The current options for the menu music are Color 1, Color 2, and Legacy. Please add a fourth option, Color 3, that uses the pre-order trailer music: Microsoft flight simulator pre order trailer music - YouTube

Here are some example renditions done by ChaoticSplendid on what using different trailer music could sound like:

In addition, please consider allowing us to set our own custom music for the menu and loading screens. Perhaps allow us to set a custom .wav, .mp3, or whatever common sound file extension, so that it loops on the menu or loading screens.

8 Likes

Alright I listened to it and it is quite enjoyable, I can get behind this request.

3 Likes

+1. So weird that it is not included. A great soundtrack

3 Likes

Yes! I love the trailer music.

Also, I was surprised that even though “Color 1” is good, it is quite repetitive. It needs more parts and “emotions”. Anyway, because of that I switched to “Color 2”.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a great music track. Weird that Asobo/Microsoft didn’t add that track as an option for the menu. I assume they own the copyright to it already if they used it for their trailer.

1 Like

Color 1 had a longer loop during the earlier Alpha builds and it was a lot more pleasant listening to it. They cut it down a few months ago however, and I agree that it’s too repetitive now.

It would be great if they restored the old version as an extended mix, and if they tweaked the trailer tracks for menu listening. All three are great.

1 Like

Exactly! It’s a free track for them because they used it for the pre-order trailer so I assume they own the track. And everybody loved the pre-order trailer. If they own that track, it’s free for them to use that track. It shouldn’t be too hard for them to add that track as “Color 3” to the next update.

1 Like

Yeah, Color 1 is good but it does get repetitive after a while. The pre-order trailer music should add more variety for us to listen to!

Maybe they can also let us assign our own customer music. That would be awesome if we could assign our own custom music to the menu.

1 Like

the other Fsx soundtracks like number 2 or 3 would be nice to i really liked them

4 Likes

Definitely. They should just add more tracks for the menu. It’s free for Microsoft since they own all the rights to the track anyways.

2 Likes

This is a great one! I’d love to hear Microsoft Flight (2012) also. That had good music too (in my opinion, of course).

3 Likes

Yeah. They should add the music tracks from the other Microsoft Sims if the tracks are good. It’s free for them to do it I assume because they own the copyrights to it!

1 Like

Why don’t you simply vote?

1 Like

I made this thread before the voting system was in place. So now it’s possible to vote on this thread, but it wasn’t at the time this thread was created.

1 Like

Good idea to bump this up, I’ve placed my vote now.

1 Like

Great! I hope more people vote for this. It’s such an easy change for Asobo to make. They already own the copyright to the pre-order music track so I don’t think it will be too hard for them to add it to the game.

1 Like

If they were to add the pre-order track they would have to contract the composers to create a looping version of the track (there is one playing in the showcase video for the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe planes and airports, but it’s really short), and also new tracks for the loading screens. So it would probably take some time to implement this, but there are some variations of the track playing in the Around the World trailers, so there is certainly enough musical material to create a new menu music suite. It would be a shame if it were limited to the marketing materials only.

For now there are two changes that would be very easy to make, bring back the extended Color 1 mix (from the older Alpha builds) to make it less repetitive, and the Microsoft Flight track (the original one, not the Alaska version that is stuck in there forever now).

2 Likes

I was wondering, is there any reason why the music from the trailer is not used in-game? It is sooo good, it’s giving me the same hype/vibe like how the original FSX theme did. I know the current music selection is good and relaxing, especially with the addition of the FSX theme (it eventually becomes annoying since I wouldn’t stop humming the melody every single dang time). But, the music from the trailer is… muy bien magnifico numero uno.

1 Like

small thing here, the soundtrack from all the trailers are really good and atmospheric, it seems like a massive waste to have all of those just sitting there on youtube and not implemented in game. Should give us more menu music options.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m sure they have a music composer at Asobo that could do a looping version very easily. It would be so easy for Asobo do a looping version and add this track as a new Color option.

1 Like