Please either provide a separate downloader or else switch to non-3D graphics mode while downloading and installing

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not relevant (but yes, dev mode is on, unchanged. That said, I’m still stuck in the download mgr, so who cares)

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Not relevant (but no everything is normal, again that is not what this is about)

Brief description of the issue:

During downloads, either in the “Installation manager” or the “Download manager”, there are 3D graphics used in the blurred background. This wastes performance and power, and (laptop scenario) potentially slows down the system unnecessarily. My laptop is currently doing a first install and it is getting hot. While downloading! You are forcing me to keep the graphics card running during the entire multi-hour install, with no advantage of it. I am wasting a lot of watt-hours.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

TaskMgr during download

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start MSFS and let the installation mgr install updates, or open the download mgr to update marketplace-distributed items.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Huh, this is a Dell XPS 15 with 32GB, an i9, and discrete graphics. Shouldn’t have an issue with downloading I’d wager.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Always been there.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @BenkeiBuddy,
The wishlist is used to request changes in MSFS. The wishlist is located here: #bugs-and-wishlist:wishlist or Latest Bug Reports & Wishlist/Wishlist topics

There are several topics relating to the installer (downloader) with a search in the wishlist:
Search results for ‘downloader #bugs-and-wishlist:wishlist’

Before posting, search to see if there’s an existing topic and contribute to it by voting. Duplicates will be deleted as these split votes.