Please give player the option to select voice (only - not avatar!)

Greetings,

I would like to request here that the devs implement an option to give the player the possibility to select his or hers voice. Being myself a male it kinda kills my gameplay when I listen “myself” speaking with a female voice.

I know that there’s a possibility to change the avatar and each male or female avatar has his or hers own voice but this is not what I’m talking about. IMO this is not a proper solution because:

• Imagine you select the male avatar with leather jacket and casual trousers and if for example you decide to fly the Darkstar your pilot will have this look instead of having the “space-like” suit. Or if you fly an airliner you won’t have the airliner’s pilot uniform. Of course you could chance from the avatar above and select the one which has the airliner’s pilot uniform. But then if you decide to fly the Super Hornet then you’ll have to change again in order to have the fighter/military pilot avatar this in order to have a believable experience specially if you want to take screenshots from the outside. Or resuming, with the avatar option you would almost always have to change it for every flight if you often change the type of aircraft you fly in (which is something that I often do)

• And then there are other aircraft which seem to use Windows Speech Definitions (for instance Darkstar or Super Hornet seems to be some of them) and while this allows you to select a “custom voice” which apparently is used for the default avatar (IMO, a better solution then the above) this doesn’t work for all aircraft (for exemple it doesn’t work for the Cessna 172 G1000) and excuse my expression but this is “stupid” since it requires “tampering” with the Operating System settings (BTW, I have Windows 10) and IMO the FS2020 settings (or in any other game) should be independent of the Operating System settings specially with customization such as this.

• Then the only possibility to change the voice for the default avatar for aircraft that don’t seem to use the Windows Speech Definitions is to edit the aircraft’s .cfg file to reflect this chance. This is the “stupidest” of all options despite being the only possible for aircraft like the Cessna 172 G1000 (and apparently all other stock aircraft that originally came with FS2020). Not only this isn’t a modern/“XXI century” way of doing such things but you’ll have to do it for almost every aircraft in the FS2020! And I would even dare to guess that if those aircraft are updated then the changes made by the player could be overridden and then this must be done all over again, no? IMO, it doesn’t make sense.

Resuming, what I’m requesting here is the option to allows the player to change the default’s avatar voice!

Basically a simple option like this would do the same as those 3 rather “stupid” (please, pardon my expression again) options above (with 2 of them some being a bit quite “more complex”) while being much simpler and logical!

perhaps they could add the option to change the avatar and voice for each aircraft individually in the payload window with the fuel.

1 Like

Honestly I would prefer to have a default option to change the voice (which can be used with the default avatar).

However your suggestion would IMO be an excellent complement to my suggestion/request/wish for those times where one wants to fly a certain aircraft in a certain flight with a certain avatar and a certain voice but doesn’t want that same avatar/voice settings to be applied to other aircraft or flights.

If only MSFS “FULLY” used the MS AZURE Text to speech engine, possibly with each MSFS Avatar (and ATC ) being USER configurable to use a specific voice.

Check out

Near the bottom of this page, select the Voice you want, and Listen AND IMAGINE this in MSFS

Flying into different countries and hearing ATC speaking English (or possibly your own native language if MSFS support it) in the regional accent.

1 Like

Maybe for 2024 ???