Please give some communication regarding MS virus defender

Can we get some communication from Asobo about the fact that some of us are blocked from their game by Microsoft virus defender?

1 Like

I have, does not work for me. I must turn it off

1 Like

If you know windows defender is preventing FS from running can you not create an exception for FS so that Defender will allow it to run?
It seems more of a local security level setting issue rather than a bug?

Asobo can’t help it. There are enough users (including me) who have successfully added their FS folder to the exception in Windows Defender. None of us did anything else, as indicated in the link above.

1 Like

Not the point really. Why should end users have to add exceptions to a game that is included in their own eco system?

In my case, this does not work. I have to open up my computer to potential risks to start a program published by their boss.

1 Like

This would need to be brought up in a Zendesk report that can be further investigated by what exactly in Windows Defender may be causing the issue. The team may not have any evidence of correlation (nor do they work on the Windows team at all, while communication may be on-going, there might not be a definitive response to be said yet). The last thing that they want to do is “jump the gun” prematurely and put out a statement that may not entirely be true. I’ll see if I can escalate the issue.

Sending to the team to look, but for now the workaround:

Whitelist Windows Defender

If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Security has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Security from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to the exclusions list.

• Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection .
  • Under Virus & threat protection settings , select Manage settings , and then under Exclusions , select Add or remove exclusions .

The Exclusions page of Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection.

• Select Add an exclusion , and then select from files, folders, file types, or process. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well.
2 Likes

Our test team is looking into this. For those experiencing this issue, if you haven’t done it yet, please send over a Zendesk ticket with as many details as possible, including if you have mods installed and which ones. This will help them triage.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated.

I don’t think Asobo should be implicated on this as it has happened due to an Xbox or defender update without any involvement from the user.
So it is Microsoft / Xbox.
I do agree with the OP that some kind of statement or advise or even apology would be very welcome at this stage.
Isn’t it obvious Mr. Microsoft / Xbox that the solution to this problem created by you is beyond the capabilities of the average user? All you have to do is read all the cries for help by your customers. in multiple topics similar to this.
Silence is not a very good option.

Just update your Defender virus definitions. That should fix it.

At least it did for me.

Solution.

Try my soution if your game do not run after preparing to launch.

How to.
In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy/paste to powershell window

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.10.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe”

(right click to paste into powershell window)

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServices.exe"

and press enter

Add-MpPreference -ExclusionProcess “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingServices_2.47.2002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GamingServicesNet.exe"

and press enter

Run game.

4 Likes

I more curious as to why some users, like myself, are not affected by this. Assuming for a moment that all MSFS binaries are the same, and we all have our AV definitions up to date, more people should have this.

yeah. with or without win defender exclusion MSFS never refused to run on mine.

Lucky! I’ve been trying everything to get it to launch

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.