Please have all airport and navigation data available at all times no matter what

I highly recommend it. Where, I fly a lot, northern Australia, 9 out of 10 airports are completely missing all approach procedures in the default MSFS database. Navigraph fixes this.

There are a couple small issues however. Currently it’s impossible to code approaches that are not associated with a specific runway, so some circling only approaches are still missing. It is rare however. Also for a week or two, there was a bug with the Navigraph data that caused the G1000 to freeze when using the DIR or FPL buttons, but this has also been addressed.

It is beta, and I’m sure occasional other things might pop up, especially as Asobo keeps changing things. But ultimately it’s very stable and problem free.

1 Like

Wow. This is fantastic. Thanks so much for the information. Are all the airways working as well? STARs and SIDs?

I’m confused. I do this all the time. I’ll load an approach from any airport in any flight. I’m not stuck with what’s in the flight plan. Granted, I’m using the Working Title and @ScorpionFilm422 G1K/3K and GNS530 mods, but, there’s no limit to what approaches you can load.

Even by default, you can ask ATC to use a different approach to any airport you choose to be going to. You can create an IFR FP mid-flight.

I really don’t understand what you’re asking for?

1 Like

The nav database that comes with FS2020 apparently is lacking procedures for smaller airports. I am a real-live GA pilot, and I use this program to practice IFR- and I typically only fly into smaller airports, so I was frustrated that approaches, departures, etc. weren’t available for the airports I typically fly to. However, apparently databases from outside sources are available which fill in those gaps. I plan to try them tonight. Perhaps your addon fills in those gaps for you.

1 Like

I agree with the OP. If the airport or navigation data glitches out and doesn’t load in to the simulator, it should simply prevent you from loading an aircraft anywhere.

Oh, ok, I get that. Yeah, for whatever reason they chose NavBlue as their partner, instead of Jeppesen, who actually I believe wanted to be part of the party. NavBlue is a French company (Airbus), so that probably had something do with it, being local. From what I’ve read, they’re notorious for not the best nav data.

The way the post was written, it sounded as if the OP couldn’t do what he was asking for. He should have explicitly said “Why are so many approaches missing from the game”.

I agree, my local airport KASH is a towered and very busy airport, and it’s missing its approaches, while much smaller airports around it like KCON have theirs. It’s kind of weird. It’s not like the data isn’t in the CIFP, and there’s nothing weird about their approaches.

So, when I redid the airport to get rid of the hangars that could hold blimps, I added the approaches, too.

1 Like

I’m sorry… What’s this bug? Again, I don’t understand this one. Granted, I fly only GA, and don’t typically fly IFR.

I have had it say expect vectors, but never give me a vector and just lets me fly past the airport. But I assume that’s because it was expecting me to press the “Request next vector” or whatever choice that is.

Is this an airliner issue? I haven’t had a flight plan “glitch out” on me, or whatever that means, certainly I’ve never had a problem before I’ve entered the sim. Not that I don’t believe you, just looking for more detail.

1 Like

The bug is that there are no approaches in the navigation database for some airports. This means you cannot select an approach for an IFR landing there either from the world map or within the plane, or be assigned one by ATC.

The fix would be to include more complete airport data in the simulator.

1 Like

Oh sorry, you were replying specifically to that one confusing reply earlier. Please disregard my post.

1 Like

One way to tell which airports have approaches and which don’t is, in the world map, the green ones have approaches, the brown ones do not.

I have zero idea why they left so many approaches out of the game. Some pretty major airports don’t have them. Not just little ones.

1 Like

You can do it. Select the destination and then select an approach. You can even bypass that big arc that it draws and join up with the final approach course on an RNAV approach like this: Vectors To Final and Intercept the Final Approach Course - TBM 930 - FS2020 - YouTube

You are right. The airport I trained at in NW Ohio has a VOR approach. It is a small airport but the approach for it is missing in FS2020. You can still get the approach plate and fly the approaches manually with the exception of GPS approaches.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, the waypoints for missing RNAV approaches are included in the default database, it’s just the approaches themselves that are missing. If you add each way individually to your flight plan, you can fly the approach as normal. (Vertical guidance may be missing so just use VS and the LNAV minima).

Also, because MSFS doesn’t include any CDI scaling, there’s no change to the indication/tracking accuracy either, as it’s currently wrong to begin with.

Here you go, friend.

1 Like

? What does that have to do with this discussion?

The flagged post, which was visible when I read it, implied that I wasn’t really a pilot after I claimed to be one and used the simulator to practice ifr.

4 Likes

Navigraph to the rescue!! Thanks so much! Everything is here now! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

5 Likes

Do missed approaches work with Navigraph in MSFS?

I added the missed approaches along with all the approaches I created at my local airport since Navblue decided my airport doesn’t matter, but I can’t seem to activate the missed approach. I assumed MSFS doesn’t currently know what to do with the data?

@FlyingsCool5650
Missed Approaches work perfectly with the WT CJ4. It’s included in every flight plan and also includes any Hold that are in the MA procedure.

The functionality is dependent on whether the aircraft flight management system is capable and WT has included this in the CJ4 mod.

1 Like