Please help me find the water runway at the beginning of the promo video for Local Legend 4. It's so beautiful and I have to get there

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AchingPalatableGharial-size_restricted.gif

I guessed it was somewhere in Italy as it’s an Italian plane that was supposed to be released at the same time as the Italy world update. Someone up thread reckoned it was around Sardinia and so I started checking POI markers on the coast around there to see if it was a POI. Then I checked some POIs around Sicily and some bits around Southern Italy but gave up on that line of enquiry and guessed it was photogrammetry .

Now the plan was to check out coastal cities that had got the PG treatment and I used this map to find them all Microsoft Flight Simulator Map - Google My Maps I noticed some islands off the Napoli coast and decided to check them out in the sim and quickly realised I was in the right spot as the island in the background looked very similar. Then it was just a case of using the drone camera to zoom around the island of Procida until I found locations that matched up.

3 Likes

You are really good at logical reasoning and very patient. I actually thought it was coastal Italy too, but I didn’t make it further.

I compared the shots by @Megadyptes7635 and those from the promo video. It seems Asobo has done some modifications to the public version to make it look more polished and pleasant. If that’s the case, just wish they could include it in the next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like