Please help me find the water runway at the beginning of the promo video for Local Legend 4. It's so beautiful and I have to get there

This is the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen in MSFS. It’s from 00:13 to 0:41 on the footage. I am dying to know about the location. I have attached some pictures below in case anyone can recognize them. Thanks in advance.

Some more:

Heya, the rugged hill visible on the right side of yout 8th is definitely the Rock of Gibraltar - note the ‘famous’ runway of the airport almost hidden on the right :wink:

That defined, i am unsure if the other locations are in the vicinities, probably not…

They recall me the landscapes seen in Myazaki’s Porco Rosso animation movie, across islands in the Adriatic sea in front of Croatian coast… the hunt continues!

Cheers

4 Likes

I’m guessing those caves would have to be either hand-modeled or in photogrammetry areas, since I don’t think satellite imagery or autogen would generate that type of scenery.

1 Like

I think you are right … these locations possibly may be found in latest World Update 9

Along Sardinia coast there are lots of caves and small islands that resemble the ones in the video

1 Like

Hi there,
I have moved your thread to World Discovery, where people discuss places and landmarks.

1 Like

With the vegetation and the autogen building on the top right of your 7th image, I would guess somewhere around Mediterranea but I can’t get more precise…

That doesn’t look like autogen buildings to me. Autogen buildings are well-defined in structure and texture. Photogrammetry often has a more “melted” look, and blends into the terrain.

Interesting! The North of Sardinia coast has a lot of beaches, islands and strechs. Just checked on GMap but can’t guess.

Yes, the buildings on top right of the 7th picture are not autogen, to me they seem rather well defined photogrammetry ones

We can clearly see what seems a church, with a smaller tower with a rounded top, next to it a bigger and maybe exagonal tower with pointed roof and a much smaller tower with two vertical ‘windows’ that may host bells

This architecture reminds me of Santorini churches or others Greek islands for that matters… still there could likely be similar buildings around Sardinia

1 Like

They could be from multitude of different locations. As someone has already pointed out, one of the photos is definitely Gibraltar.

Agreed, they are most likely from different locations

This church puzzles me the most

I agree. When I say “well-defined” in regards to autogen, I basically meant standardized straight-edged geometric shapes and textures. Photogrammetry is more complex.

1 Like

I wish I knew. Those sea caves look phenomenal!

@FivePeach767757 Thanks for solving 1/8 of the puzzle! Asobo should tell us what the location is. Those caves are too good to be wasted.

1 Like

Top ones are here

Located on the island of Procida off the coast of Napoli co-ords around 40.76408521251788, 14.007731344258666
Location on Little NavMap

Then on the other side of the island you have those cliffs with the church thing at the top

And the ‘cave’ shot just to the west of the church cliff area although trees look different.

There’s no actual water runways though, gotta plop your seaplane down manually.

6 Likes

Maps tells me it’s the Abbazia San Michele Arcangelo

4 Likes

@Megadyptes7635 you are my hero! Thank you so much!
I am also very curious how you find it. I have also searched the coast of Italy, but I haven’t found any water runways. Could you share your method for locating an unknown MSFS scenery on the actual map?

2 Likes

Shoot, I was real close too, I found some spots like this around Naples yesterday, but not exact. Nice find @Megadyptes7635

1 Like

Good catch! Indeed the shots are around Procida island!
Gotta fly there this evening :wink:

2 Likes