Please Help! New Year Update Keeps on Looping (for 5 days)

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox: PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version: I’m using the steam version.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it: I am not using developer mode.

Brief description of the issue: Ever since I started downloading the new year update it just keeps on looping, I’ve tried every single fix or solution that I’ve managed to find, nothing, for the past 6 days. I have very slow internet, even though my service provider says it’s 25mbs speeds, it only translates to 2-3mbs.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: Difficult in this situation (for the amount of time It would take).

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: I go onto the game, it checks for updates successfully, and sees I need to install the new year update. When I start the download, the first few files go through without interruption, then a large (3gb) file starts and that’s when it resets, once it get past that large file eventually, almost every file afterwards starts to reset upwards of 10 times, small and large. I’ve gone through that process at least 15 different times and have seen many varying results.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: Windows (10) PC, Core i-5 10400, GTX 1680, 8GB RAM, 25Mbs internet (2-3Mbs in reality), 1.9TB allowed for update.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Hi @DressAnemone263,
I’m not aware of any New Year update. Are you referencing Game of the Year, sim update 7?

There are plenty of help on looping.

Main support FAQ:

A forum search in Bugs and Issues:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?context=category&context_id=200&q=Looping&skip_context=false

Oh, yes it’s the game of the year update, my mistake.

Yeah, none of them worked :\

Try disabling IPV6 in your internet settings. Its internet protocol Version 6 under your ETHERnet Connection Properties. There are videos on how to do this. It helped me get out of a download loop for some reason? I have no idea why this would help but it might help you. Good luck