Please Hot Start We need the TBM from X-Plane

I’m sorry but with the current state of the default Air Craft and no really good ones in play, I just cant tell if this is a good sim or not, Yeah it looks the best but that’s it. We need some good addon study level planes, or I think the sim will die. Please this needs addressing or ASOBO need to quit with the eye candy and start making the planes work as closely as they can. The current default planes are a joke and modders are fixing them!

Second shot is the Take Command Cirrus Sr22, We have to start getting Addon planes sson, or MS ASOBO need to fix ones we have. I just cant fly it, its silly.

16 Likes

Their SDK is in shameful state right now. Study level aircrafts probably only in 2022.

6 Likes

It makes me sick. They knew they were making it. Why not get 3rd parties on board at the outset. Yes it’s a great game/sim but the default planes are aside from 1 or 2 a joke. If Xplane had the same scenery I would delete msfs and come back in year. It looks gorgeous but gorgeous don’t fly.
This is not only for casuals who want to fly in chase view and skim roof tops in NYC all day, but it seems that’s who they are pandering too.

7 Likes

I don’t need to burn my money on third parties. I will be pleased with the current aircrafts being fixed.

For 3rd party, you probably will have to wait a few months, maybe even more than a year. The sim need to improve its basis

3 Likes

Yes I understand, but releasing a flight sim that don’t fly I mean almost at all is crazy. Nearly every plane has issues.
Add-ons are not burning money when you are getting the true study level experience. But whatever. They need to fix this.

1 Like

The thing is: do they know how to fix it? Considering what happened since launch, answer is no.

I went back to FSX. Even for VFR i find it more pleasant. And the addons make it look pretty decent. i dont misss this sim not even a little bit. If take 2 years so be it. Im not struggling myself trying to fly in this game.

3 Likes

The thing is, can third party devs reach the study level experience with the current sim state? I doubt so. PMDG already talked about this… and wasn’t very optimistic in the sort term.

Yep agreed…I am back to P3D v5…I have a dabble on MFS every now and then…then usually wind up with a bug that spoils the whole immersion. I have decided to cancel my Xbox account, but will keep tabs on MFS to see how it matures. The scenery in general is good, but regretfully there are a lot pretty poor areas as well. It will get there, I am sure, but without system level aircraft it is just pretty pictures. But it is great to have new innovative competition in our hobby…it sure will propel it forward in leaps and bounds.

1 Like

Everyone, your comments mirror my own, just cannot find the thread. Long narrative on why, this has the potential to be the absolute best, but now, marginal only. Yeah the scenery is fantastic, my house is almost spot on, the location, the terrain, all of it is great. But, every time I try to fly the plane just try’s to kill me, 50% of the time it’s successful. I got years and years of FS-98 and forward, was shown how to fly and navigate by a DC-10 Delta Captain, so I know lots. This is so frustrating. Going back to FSX, not because it is easy, but because all the planes work, the ATC works, the AP works. etc.

5 Likes

Agreed imo one of the best GA planes in xplane 11.Thanks to you I’ll consider reinstalling that plane.Anyone series about flying that TBM is a must have!

It’s default they’ll never be perfect or close to a study level aircraft ever whether you decide to wait for patches they won’t touch 3rd party payware planes.The default tbm doesn’t come nowhere close to hotstart and I’ll say this again you’ll never get quality on default.
If you don’t need appreciate quality no one is forcing you to buy their planes.

2 Likes

The default aircraft are light years ahead of anything provided by FSX or XP.

Just chill…

18 Likes

Name a sim where the defaults are good. The community has modded some airplanes, and they are MUCH better. Try those. In the meantime, we have to have patience. We are months since launch. It will come. Pick an airplane that has a good mod (Bonanza, Xcub, TBM to a degree) and go fly all over with it!

5 Likes

FS2020 just came out a few months ago. I’m sure there are better planes in the works from 3rd parties, but just give it a little time. Getting something right is better than getting it wrong but having it “done” faster in what is a videogame (cough cough fallout 76)

If you really need realism, go back to FSX, P3D or xplane. The true value of FS2020 is the graphical fidelity right now - so please stop complaining about it on the forums and come back in a year when 3rd party stuff is out.

13 Likes

If you guys “cannot” fly in MSFS then go back to your other platforms and come back in a year. I do not get it. What is stopping you from enjoying your previous sims?? You all seem to own them and own your favorite add-ons.
Your demands will not speed up the process. Third-party developers will make complex aircrafts when SDK is ready. Until then, go back to your previous sims and treat MSFS like it has not been released until this time in a year or so.

9 Likes

I second this.

To everyone else demanding study level. ASOBO CLEARLY stated that their plan never has been having study level aircrafts. In the latest interview they stated it again. No study level. So all you can expect is bug fixing and slightly better G1000/3000 functionality, but not a study level functionality with all pages available. Just a notch better than what we have now.

5 Likes

I flew the TBM Hotstart in xplane for a long time and enjoyed the study level simulation. But I must admit the MSFS TDM is not bad, beautiful cockpit and together with the beautiful graphics I prefer it over the Hotstart. I was actually surprised that MSFS came out of the box with such a nice plane.
Made up for the airlines disaster.

7 Likes

Just flew the XCub in PNG… so much fun! It works very, very well.

Honestly, the TBM is probably my favorite in the sim outside the 172 G1000. I have the HotStart TBM and it is brilliant. Would love to see it here. Yet, the MSFS version could be in the ballpark with some changes to some power plant and prop optimizing and AP smoothness. It’s really not that bad. Way better than any of the airliners which I simply won’t fly anymore.

When I just want to fly and appreciate what MSFS has to offer, I go pure VFR in the Cub, low and slow. That experience is amazing in this sim.

6 Likes

I mean, to be honest, the default TBM is quite fun in its current state. It’s certainly not terrible. Yes, things can be improved - and will improve - but I also think we’re a ways off from seeing complex third parties enter the scene just yet.

1 Like