Please include OBS & Suspend mode in Garmin Avionics

These modes are an integral part of these units, and are important when flying IFR. The enable you to fly multiple holding patterns & circling approaches, without waypoint sequencing continuing. It also provides the ability to intercept and track a radial to/from any waypoint

From the G500 series manual:

The OBS key is used to select manual or automatic sequencing of waypoints. Pressing this key selects OBS mode, which retains the current “active to” waypoint as your naviga-tion reference even after passing the waypoint (i.e., prevents sequencing to the next waypoint). Pressing the OBS key again returns to normal operation, with automatic sequenc-ing of waypoints. Whenever OBS mode is selected, you may set the desired course to/from a waypoint using the OBS Page, or an external OBS selector on your HSI or CDI.

Thanks for this!
I support this request at 100%. Without this, flying holding patterns as instructed to do so is simply not possible.
I’m more familiar with the GNS430 but I spent hours looking for a function that does not exist on the Cirrus SR22 in FS.

2 Likes

This is what you can do now with Garmin G1000 NXi.

Delivered in Sim Update 10.