Please Make a Completely Separate Forum for XBOX Users

Couldn’t agree more. This thread gets my no brainer of the week award!
I recommend you start a vote for this in the Wishlist section, and watch it take off!

Addendum:

Haha. You did! I voted! Come on everybody pile on!!!

Up the top, of the Topic, where it says “VOTE” !

1 Like

I agree with having a separate forum for x box users! Just to keep the two platforms separate due to its nature

Awesome idea. I’m all for it!

I believe there have to be two different forums. Different ecosystems, different target audiences, different interests. X-box is a closed system, which implies there will be many applications and possibly peripherals that won’t be available to x-box users and therefore of no interest to them. I don’t even see how the xbox users would be able to relate to the bugs and issues that affect the PC users, with such a plethora of different configurations. Instead the x-box version will probably be an optimized but “dumbed down” version of the software running under Windows. Or else what would be the point of offering such granular settings if all x-box copies of the software run under the same specs?

1 Like

An Xbox specific category should be enough… the official forum for MFS should remain Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Maybe the one Category in the forum that might benefit from a X-box and a PC specific sections is the “Self Service”…
ie Rename the current Self Service to PC Self Service, and then create a similar X-BOX Self Service, with the same sub Forums, but with X-Box- in front of them .

At the end of the day, its really the Moderators that will need to decide if there are separate X-BOX and PC sections – they are the ones that will have to sort it out if the best solution is not implemented.

Steam – MS Store – PC – X-Box – ages 9 to 90+ its going to be an “interesting” mix !!

2 Likes

I want two completely separate forums for the reasons puffycumulus said above.

If we must have separate categories, then when you login you see two completely separate categories. One is PC and one is XBOX.

Then each has its own subcategories. Otherwise it’s going to be more of a mess than it already is.

2 Likes

No, I don’t agree. Not enough clear separation. See my post above

If the truth be told, I probably would wish for a lot more “separation” than you could even imagine, but being realistic, it’s just not going to happen, so accept it, and move on.

It will be what it will be –

I think having an Xbox Forum for Xbox specific questions would be wise.

However, with crossover some issues will involve Xboxes and PCs working together

So, a Xbox forum plus a Xbox/PC Crossover forum

Keeping it all together under one roof can be done if care is taken and everyone is aware that PCs and Xboxes are different platforms and to be specific in asking a question what platform you are flying

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

With XBOX going live next month, there should be separate forums for each platform. In addition, there should be some sort of combination forum topics for issues or requests common to both. The Cloud platform should be included when it goes live.

In addition, the MSFS version numbers and World Update numbers should be identical to all platforms. I think it would be very confusing if the platforms are using the same code base but have different version or update numbers.

1 Like

Exactly

A little company like Wargaming have separate forums.
http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com

PC
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu
http://forum.worldoftanks.com
http://forum.worldoftanks.asia
http://forum.worldoftanks.ru

BIG company like Microsoft can’t?

1 Like

I’m not convinced we need a separate forum, but we 100% need a category specifically for Xbox within this forum.

Whilst on the whole the community here is very friendly and supportive, it’s becoming very tiresome reading the negative PC vs XBox comments every time an Xbox topic is created.

I see no reason why a separate Xbox category cannot be created?

Of cause Microsoft can, but can doesn’t mean should. Having multiple forum instances creates more overhead, and that can have a negative impact in many ways. Here are a few examples:

• More server resources are needed (storage, and compute power).
    They might provision more power for a separate instance, or they might put that instance on the current compute stack meaning our performance gets nerfed.

• Any plugins or themes that get developed or deployed to the forums has to be done twice, which also includes software updates and security patches

• You end up needing another moderation team to look after the second forums, duplicating a lot of community posts, and handling moderation issues. Whereas with the main Xbox category here, those posts only need to be made once and the same team can handle all Xbox related posts as well

• You need more CMs or the CMs we do have will reduce the amount of time they spend on current platforms (including these forums) to make time for the other forum instances

• Duplicate topics on both forums which make it harder to collate important information, and mean the devs and/or their representatives have to look in more places to get the info they want/need

As a former moderator on this platform, one thing that happened a lot was people putting topics in incorrect categories. Simply creating an “Xbox Users Forum” won’t stop Xbox users from posting here, and it won’t stop PC users from posting there.

Only suddenly it becomes harder to nicely move content to the correct place as needed. I suppose the moderation team could crackdown on anyone who posts in the wrong place, but that sort of thing tends to ruffle feathers and cause people to stay away. That isn’t something anyone here should want.

The far better option is something like this:

(see the red box near the end of the image)

There might be a use case for a few more Xbox categories such as one for Xbox guides, but for the most part, the community posts are the same no matter the platform, as are posts about default aircraft, simulator bugs, and so on.

Keeping them on the platform means we reduce duplication, keep everyone in the same place, and makes dealing with topics that do end up in the wrong place easier to handle.

The one thing the forum could probably use is more moderators if we see a large and prolonged spike in the number of users on the forums once the Xbox launch happens.

1 Like

Maybe someone can point to a definitive statement from MS/ASOBO that the PC & X-Box Versions of MSFS will be “Different” ?
Everything I have read indicates they will be basically identical.

By far the major difference will be the mindset of the users.

I suspect that this really why some PC users, currently running MSFS, are requesting for a Separate Forum for the future x-Box players. ?

The core experience will be identical. The only real differences will be performance and graphic fidelity. Inevitably there will be differences with third party content but thats a separate thing.

100% — but "the “Perceived” Experience will be very different, as will the user experience comments in the Forum.

1 Like

Is XBOX MSFS going to have the SDK or the Developers FPS display? If not, it might end up on the “Wishlist” but how many votes will it get from PC users who already have access to the SDK or the FPS display? (Assuming XBOX SDK is practical…) There are other wishes/issues that are applicable to a specific platform. NVIDIA DLSS support? CTDs? Does XBOX have a desktop for MSFS to crash to? Third party addons outside of the Marketplace?

MSFS will be “identical” how it looks and is used. But there are differences. My concern is that differences will lose their focus.