Please make Greece next World Update

IMHO it would be great for us Europeans if Greece, Crete and the Greek islands were on the World Update list. There is very varied topography and architecture and much scope for the designers to exercise their skills in creating POIs. Also lots of holiday destinations to fly to.

2 Likes

At least some parts of Greece have received updated satellite imagery on Bing Maps (which is not showing in-game yet), so it should be somewhere in their roadmap. Probably after other regions that are also pending an imagery update though (like New Zealand and the Caribbean).

1 Like

I fell in love with flying into Greece. So many challenging and at the same time beautiful looking approaches there like Samos, Skiathos, Mykonos, Corfu and many more. Would love to see this region getting a treatment. It would also fit in expanding the Europe WUs.

2 Likes

Greece would be a perfect World Update.

2 Likes

Bumping this one up. The relief and terrain are not bad at all but I long for a package of archeological sites and monuments in Greece. The Cabri would be perfect to visit them.

2 Likes

That’s right! Greece has so many stunning Landmarks. The whole archipelago is like a a small world, great for months of exploration and sightseeing. please Asobo, we need Greece World Update!

1 Like

Definite upvote here. In a lot of places the default satellite imagery is already top notch, so some POIs and watermasks, and it could be the best WU ever.

2 Likes

I agree. Let’s hope for Greece WU in the road map for 2023.

1 Like

What are the places in Greece with the best satellite imagery currently?

Generally the islands / South is good and the North / Macedonian end of Greece not so good.

Crete is a joy, but it really needs work on the olive farms

3 Likes

Oh yes, Crete is beautiful. Great place for VFR flights.

1 Like

Summer is coming and Greece, is one of the most popular countries for vacations. With the ATR that is coming in a few days, it would be real fun landing at all of these beautiful islands!
I hope Greece will be in a world update soon

3 Likes

this we hope all Greeks will be a global update vote with many clicks )

2 Likes

voted! would love to island-hop around greece

2 Likes

Hope it finally makes it to the update list
 still have no view on the next update. Any news on this?

1 Like

The next world update might be Czech Republic. not much else is known at the moment.

But Czech Republic is part of the Eastern Europe which amongst others also includes Greece! And that being a “World” update it should be larger than a country. You know what they say
 Hope is the last to die!

I think Greece should get a separate World Update due to incredible beauty of this country and cultural significance as the cradle of European civilisation.

3 Likes

Anyone knows if Greece will be in August’s WU?