Please make Greece next World Update

The Greek peninsula, with the mountains of Pindos and Olympus, the Meteora, the Athos monasteries, the important ancient ruins, the Aegean sea with the lovely islands, the Crete with its beautiful beaches, the lush green Ionian islands. Please please make Greece your next update.

Please vote for this.

I like to revisit Greece one day yush. Irl I been to Crete once …Good times.
In Fs2020 to Kafelonia & Zakynthos…Which might be on my list of visiting irl some day.
But Greece has interesting architectures & monuments etc…
I’d also be happy with a more broader upgrade ,the mediteranian world update or so

5 Likes

I love flying over Greece, Turkey and Italy. I’ve been all over the world and those are my 3 favorite countries in the world.

5 Likes

You got my vote !

3 Likes

Now you’ve hit a nerve. I love Kefalonia and Corfu, since my parents are from those islands, I know them so well. Been in Zakynthos only once but it’s so beautiful.

5 Likes

Corfu looks like paradise too

Greece has many islands that could be lovely to explore & worth it to upgrade too. Maybe the islands linked to certain mythology would be cool to explore as well…
like Naxos;which I believe is the minotaur island?
Corfu & Zakynthos are very pretty also in FS2020…Maybe a flora & fauna upgrade would make it even nicer?Ive been flying to many islands in the mediterranean sea to see which ones i’d love to visit irl one day :joy: it makes up a bit for not being able to travel with the ongoing pandemic

6 Likes

6 Likes

Fine idea. There are plenty of free airport upgrades for Greece over at Flightsim.to and one or two other POI’s too, including the ruins of Knossos on Crete. With floatplanes now working there will be even more ways to explore the Aegean…

1 Like

Yes please! As my second country I would love this. Deep bonds with Kos

3 Likes

How right you are! Float planes definetly make worth prioritizing Greece as well as other island nations.

2 Likes

The second picture of all the houses would be a nice example of how more/regional building diversity could look like for Greece,or that specific place.Lovely

1 Like

Despite all the work modders have done on Greece, the coastal textures on some of the islands (such as Skiathos and Lesbos) has been severely lacking.

So many of the beautiful beaches are missing and for that reason alone, I’d very much want Greece to be on Asobo’s radar.

3 Likes

I dont know why, but I feel like its going to be the Baltic States. I dont know why.

1 Like

There also is this interesting island called Santorini ,as a toddler I used to watch this movie with a song about a lazy donkey who didn’t like walking all the stairs in the city Thira Dimitri the lazy Donkey
I see there is an airport too there called Kratikos.Some time ill be exploring the Greek islands there for sure.But ill wait till after the world update that includes Greece

For Greece,it might be cool to have some special tour option that has optional archeological reconstruction of some of the fascinating buildings included that once stood there ,like for example this reconstruction of Knossos palace … I guess this tour mode would need a combo of pauze at certain landmarks,showing the reconstruction when reaching the vista point…Or maybe with a radius in which the reconstruction will be shown.

2 Likes

It would be great to be an update for Balkans and for sure Greek islands

Aw Santorini. I haven’t flown there in the sim yet. Gonna have to give it a try. I use to go there all the time when I worked on cruise ships.

Santorini has a special place in my heart. Been there many times in my past and long overdue for a revisit. With that said, I really feel like I’m there when I’m up in the MSFS skies around this island but the autogen buildings just don’t do it justice at all. Iconic towns like Fira, Imerovigli and Oia need to be much better modelled. A Greece World Update or an Orbx Greek Island scenery pack will really make my day !

1 Like

The most realistic virtual flight #Αθηνα - #Ρόδος με Νeo320 Airbus - #Athens to #Rodos #Rhodes - YouTube Hello from Rhodes island

Greece is indeed a great flying ground and would greatly benefit from some visual enhancements.

Also there is Skiathos airport which is very challenging approach like the St. Maarten :sunglasses:

2 Likes