Please Turn the Planes Around

LOVE it! Heartwarming to see those photos!

2 Likes

You don’t get into your plane where you left it in MSFS. I’m talking about where the airplane spawns.

I don’t mean to be argumentative, but I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a plane parked nose first against a fence, wall or building. It just doesn’t make any sense to do.

1 Like

I took my first flight in my dad’s Cherokee 235 on my first birthday!

Or a more apt photo:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/G810vGzS_xZxzYm8rvYh_f0rJt29Omuhv-BfYDDLeveOGIL3ptKH7M_jfKGgLS5ORgDhCzdT7MHvK_zDmzXEYwhwmWTnh9SmlT5BP_yZcxiK5Mhm

Thanks! And you can see why I use the livery and registration I do in the sim from the following:

Real life in front of the hangar at Cape Town International:

Similar setting in the sim:

Real life:

Sim

OK, so my real Beech was a Debonair and the sim aircraft is a G36. And the livery is not the same but sort of close enough for me!

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I fly my two current tail numbers in the sim as well, along with the one I grew up in (N9621W). What I wouldn’t give to share a beer and swap stories!

1 Like

I’ve kept from slew mode because it ruins immersion, but this is a good idea before start-up. Thanks!

1 Like

And shredding the pushback guy with your prop doesn’t kill immersion?

:wink:

5 Likes

All that proves is we have flown into different airports. It doesn’t make my experience any less valid.

The immersion is to get the push back before starting the engine.

When I’m lazy and want to start quickly but it loads in this situation:

• press Y
  • press NUMPAD 3 or NUMPAD 1 a few times to rotate 180 deg.
  • press Y
  • done!
4 Likes

That’s correct. Slewing is an immersion killer, but at least we can start from our preferred airport/parking position.

Or like me, I programed a slider switch on my Virpil FSX yoke to pushback. When it gets where I want it, I push button again and plane stops. Way faster than asking ground services through tower for help. If I am in real serious hurry, I just turn on reverse thrust, and that will move me as well (jet only I think), never the less, I then can control which direction I want to go, left or right, and when done I am aimed in the correct direction. The pushback services in sim are poor, in real life, believe pilot works it through gate agent/tower so he has more immediate control over it. If you have ever flown commercial, they normally do not start one engine until pushed back in the taxi out line, start one, get it going and then start two while tug is disconnecting. Then by the time it’s gone, plane ready to taxi. Time is money in CA.

LOL and please dont park in my space!

Yes it has a huge hit-box and my wing has made contact.

1 Like

A slightly unrelated thing that niggles me is planes with a wooden prop should be parked with the prop hand turned to be horizontal.

I’m sure we’ll get bombarded with answers here, but I assumed that the position of the prop when parked (and I don’t remember now if it was horizontal or vertical) would indicate if the aircraft needed fuel service or not.

What does your reference to the prop being “wooden” relate to?

Jim-Sim

Any aircraft I flew with wooden props needed the prop to be turned to horizontal when parked to prevent warping.

That’s the first time I’ve ever read that. What do you in case of three or even four bladed props.

1 Like

No idea never flew one.

It’s just what I was taught flying things like the Skyfox at our local.

It does seem to be in the regs though:

AC_20-37e

206 (a) (10) Leave two-bladed metal propellers in the one o’clock position to minimize bird
droppings and water being retained in the spinner. Wood propellers should be stored horizontal
to prevent moisture accumulation in one blade, which would cause unbalance.

3 Likes