PMDG 737-700 ILS and autopilot problem

I have no problem catching the ILS localizer or glideslope. However, when disconnecting the autopilot, the aircraft goes into a sharp left bank and crashes. Course and frequencies are set up for the ILS approach on both sides. I have deleted and reinstalled the program a couple of times without it fixing the problem. Beats me

If you are using a throttle, is your throttle position lined up with the throttle in the sim?

If your speed and flap settings are good, have you confirmed all Piloting Assistance options are off.
This may sound odd, but the sim has a habit of turning them on, and they are also known to not work well at times.

If this isn’t it, do you have a dead zone set on your controller?
Controllers often don’t return to dead center when released, and the signal sent could be enough to cause an issue like this.

Hope these help!

This would only come into affect after you disarm auto throttle which is not linked to disengaging AP.

Even then, disengaging Auto Throttle doesn’t do anything until you actually move the levers, then you’ll get a sudden increase (or decrease) in thrust depending on where you left them.

As for the OP’s issue, I’ve been flying the 737 exclusively for the last few months. Can’t say I’ve ever come across that issue, there’s got to be a setting, assist or binding doing something else.

Thank you The Sevenflyer. I believe you have pinpointed my problem, my controller. I use a Thrustmaster Airbus controller. It is not a program problem I am sure. I have had problems with the functioning of the rudder control, i.e. most likely a potentiometer problem. It now sinks in, that when I disconnect the autopilot and transfer to the joystick, the joystick is placing the rudder in a hard left position and not neutral. Thanks to skypilot also. A repair or a new joystick coming up

2 Likes